• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC map

HAPPY

imported post

I know i have ben told you have to be 18+ to oc in UTAH but the map is green and in the age section it sed that green means 21+ so is the map wrong or what i just dont want to get in trouble for oc thanks for any help you guys cold give me

:)

GeneticsDave

imported post

You may OC "Utah Unloaded" from 18 to 21 as you are not legally able to apply for a permit.

You might want to consider a Maine permit, which you can get at 18 and has reciprocity with Utah. Otherwise, just keep it in the open, away from school zones and Utah Unloaded.

If you have more Qs, or need more clarification, please ask.

P.S. The map must be wrong. It could be based on BCI information which is incomplete and somewhat misleading.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Here is the reason the map is the way it is. For the open carry map, "open carry" is defined as openly carrying a loaded firearm on foot or in a vehicle.

Since you need a permit to carry loaded, the state is green.
And since you need to be 21 to obtain a Utah permit, the age to OC map says 21.