Thread: It is almost time for me to enjoy the sweet sweet freedom yall are used to...

Post imported post

I will be visiting the Virginians for the 4th of July and staying in West Virginia. I will be concealing (where legal) all the way to the VA state line and then it is game on from there.

I guess the first big step is going to be when I get out of the car with my p220 strapped on for the first time. Hopefully there will be alot of and not :what:.

I am assuming the I81/460 corridor is a friendly oc area?

Post imported post

minus wrote:
    I will be visiting the Virginians for the 4th of July and staying in West Virginia. I will be concealing (where legal) all the way to the VA state line and then it is game on from there.

I guess the first big step is going to be when I get out of the car with my p220 strapped on for the first time. Hopefully there will be alot of and not :what:.

as i told you "over there" all of VA is a friendly OC area

except norfolk, but they are paying through the nose to become friendly

Post imported post

Sorry It is like a little kid waiting for xmas.

Post imported post

Just make certain to stay off of National Parks roadways.

We have a few here.

Post imported post

minus wrote:

Enjoy your stay in the Free State of Virginia. Carry safely and proudly.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

minus wrote:

An advanced welcome to the birth state of our freedom. Hope you enjoy your stay and be advised that most of the people who live in Northern Virginia and its surrounds are not native to the area (like 75% of them). My wife and I are natives. We understand that most Virginians consider anything north of Fredericksburg to be Northern territory.

Still, please do enjoy your time in our state.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    An advanced welcome to the birth state of our freedom. Hope you enjoy your stay and be advised that most of the people who live in Northern Virginia and its surrounds are not native to the area (like 75% of them). My wife and I are natives. We understand that most Virginians consider anything north of Fredericksburg to be Northern territory.

Ah, yes, but we do understand that we do have some brothers and sisters inenemy occupiedterritory

Post imported post

MeBaby wrote:
    SouthernBoy wrote:

Ah, yes, but we do understand that we do have some brothers and sisters inenemy occupiedterritory
    Honestly, I wasn't trying to get a rise out of anyone. But it is true. Most Virginians tend to view Northern Virginia as a money-generating pimple on their ass. And their point is well taken. You'd be surprised how many vile and really bigoted and biased comments I have heard over the years about the native Southerners here in Virginia from non-natives who have migrated here. Really disgusting and deplorable. And they insist that this is not the South! Have they never studied history or geography?

But it's the bigoted remarks that get me the most.

For our soon-to-be visitor, please do have a great time here and see as much as you can.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Post imported post

Though I live in Manassas now, I'm originally from TN. When I first moved to VA, I lived in Alexandria for a couple of years. Now *THAT* was a change of pace! I might as well have been in any Northern City IMHO.

Thankfully, Manassas is alot more laid back comparitively. I will say I do everything possible not to cross the River Styx (into MD).

HTH

Jason

Post imported post

I despise being behind the curtain here but this is where my family and girlfriend are.

I will be spending time in the rich creek area of va. Just over the line of 460. Will be staying in princeton wv.

Post imported post

captkirk9195 wrote:
    Though I live in Manassas now, I'm originally from TN. When I first moved to VA, I lived in Alexandria for a couple of years. Now *THAT* was a change of pace! I might as well have been in any Northern City IMHO.

Thankfully, Manassas is alot more laid back comparitively. I will say I do everything possible not to cross the River Styx (into MD).

HTH

Jason
    I'm not a mean-spirited person by nature and tend to take a "live and let live" approach to most things. Several weeks ago, I happened upon a Gainesville website and was checking out some info on new restaurants in the area. You should have seen some of the outrageous comments about people native to the area. Mind you, these comments were coming from newcomers who couldn't wait to have the numbers to force the native residents out of the area. It was a disgusting set of responses.

I grew up in Falls Church. Now that place has really changed.

America First!

Post imported post

I-81 seems to be a bit of a mixed bag around Harrisonburg.

Then again, many are jealous of my young good looks.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
    Just make certain to stay off of National Parks roadways.

We have a few here.
    Also, avoid state parks unless you have valid VA CHP. Open carry is illegal in state parks, but CC is legal with CHP.

Enjoy your visit to our beautiful state.

Post imported post

I have a Florida chp. Which covers me. I however just feel like being free if only for a few days.

Post imported post

minus wrote:
    Driving 460, you may get your chance to see how OC-friendly the Old Dominion is. 460 has as many State Troopers as Mississippi has mosquitos.

Post imported post

Use your cruise control in VA. My biggest advice

Post imported post

hsmith wrote:
    And don't use a radar detector....they are illegal in VA.

(Ironic when you think about it: in VA you can put a pistol on your dashboard, and its no big deal, but clip a radar detector to your visor, and you're dogmeat.)

Post imported post

vbnative73 wrote:
    minus wrote:
    Driving 460, you may get your chance to see how OC-friendly the Old Dominion is. 460 has as many State Troopers as Mississippi has mosquitos.
    Should I be worried or is that a good thing?

Post imported post

hsmith wrote:
    As someone who has gotten a reckless charge in Connecticut and read how strict va's are I will be careful. I will also be towing a trailer.

Post imported post

While you're welcome to come on down and OC, I should caution you on the use of "yall" as you did in the subject of the post. Northerners are not permitted to say "yall" without understanding "yall" is singular. "All yall" is plural. And "all yall's" is plural possessive.

More info here: http://home.att.net/~scorh5/Northerners.html

Hope you have a great visit.

Post imported post

minus wrote:

I almost missed the "(where legal)".

I travel to CT a lot from VA. I usually just lockup when I leave the house because of all the states that I cannot even posses my gun in unless I'm just passing through.

Enjoy your time here in VA.

Post imported post

My great aunt (from wv) always says things like yall be safe.