• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It is almost time for me to enjoy the sweet sweet freedom yall are used to...

minus

imported post

I will be visiting the Virginians for the 4th of July and staying in West Virginia. I will be concealing (where legal) all the way to the VA state line and then it is game on from there.

I guess the first big step is going to be when I get out of the car with my p220 strapped on for the first time. Hopefully there will be alot of :) and not :what:.

I am assuming the I81/460 corridor is a friendly oc area?

hsmith

imported post

minus wrote:
I will be visiting the Virginians for the 4th of July and staying in West Virginia. I will be concealing (where legal) all the way to the VA state line and then it is game on from there.

I guess the first big step is going to be when I get out of the car with my p220 strapped on for the first time. Hopefully there will be alot of :) and not :what:.

as i told you "over there" all of VA is a friendly OC area :)

except norfolk, but they are paying through the nose to become friendly

Xeni

imported post

minus wrote:

Enjoy your stay in the Free State of Virginia. Carry safely and proudly.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

minus wrote:

An advanced welcome to the birth state of our freedom. Hope you enjoy your stay and be advised that most of the people who live in Northern Virginia and its surrounds are not native to the area (like 75% of them). My wife and I are natives. We understand that most Virginians consider anything north of Fredericksburg to be Northern territory.

Still, please do enjoy your time in our state.

MeBaby

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
An advanced welcome to the birth state of our freedom. Hope you enjoy your stay and be advised that most of the people who live in Northern Virginia and its surrounds are not native to the area (like 75% of them). My wife and I are natives. We understand that most Virginians consider anything north of Fredericksburg to be Northern territory.

Ah, yes, but we do understand that we do have some brothers and sisters inenemy occupiedterritory :dude:

SouthernBoy

imported post

MeBaby wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:

Ah, yes, but we do understand that we do have some brothers and sisters inenemy occupiedterritory :dude:
Honestly, I wasn't trying to get a rise out of anyone. But it is true. Most Virginians tend to view Northern Virginia as a money-generating pimple on their ass. And their point is well taken. You'd be surprised how many vile and really bigoted and biased comments I have heard over the years about the native Southerners here in Virginia from non-natives who have migrated here. Really disgusting and deplorable. And they insist that this is not the South! Have they never studied history or geography?

But it's the bigoted remarks that get me the most.

For our soon-to-be visitor, please do have a great time here and see as much as you can.

captkirk9195

imported post

Though I live in Manassas now, I'm originally from TN. When I first moved to VA, I lived in Alexandria for a couple of years. Now *THAT* was a change of pace! I might as well have been in any Northern City IMHO.

Thankfully, Manassas is alot more laid back comparitively. I will say I do everything possible not to cross the River Styx (into MD).

HTH

Jason

minus

imported post

I despise being behind the curtain here but this is where my family and girlfriend are.

I will be spending time in the rich creek area of va. Just over the line of 460. Will be staying in princeton wv.

SouthernBoy

imported post

captkirk9195 wrote:
Though I live in Manassas now, I'm originally from TN. When I first moved to VA, I lived in Alexandria for a couple of years. Now *THAT* was a change of pace! I might as well have been in any Northern City IMHO.

Thankfully, Manassas is alot more laid back comparitively. I will say I do everything possible not to cross the River Styx (into MD).

HTH

Jason
I'm not a mean-spirited person by nature and tend to take a "live and let live" approach to most things. Several weeks ago, I happened upon a Gainesville website and was checking out some info on new restaurants in the area. You should have seen some of the outrageous comments about people native to the area. Mind you, these comments were coming from newcomers who couldn't wait to have the numbers to force the native residents out of the area. It was a disgusting set of responses.

I grew up in Falls Church. Now that place has really changed.

GoldDot

imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
Just make certain to stay off of National Parks roadways.

We have a few here.
Also, avoid state parks unless you have valid VA CHP. Open carry is illegal in state parks, but CC is legal with CHP.

Enjoy your visit to our beautiful state.

vbnative73

imported post

minus wrote:
Driving 460, you may get your chance to see how OC-friendly the Old Dominion is. 460 has as many State Troopers as Mississippi has mosquitos.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

hsmith wrote:
Use your cruise control in VA. My biggest advice :)
And don't use a radar detector....they are illegal in VA. :uhoh:

(Ironic when you think about it: in VA you can put a pistol on your dashboard, and its no big deal, but clip a radar detector to your visor, and you're dogmeat.)

minus

imported post

vbnative73 wrote:
minus wrote:
Driving 460, you may get your chance to see how OC-friendly the Old Dominion is. 460 has as many State Troopers as Mississippi has mosquitos.
Should I be worried or is that a good thing?

minus

imported post

hsmith wrote:
Use your cruise control in VA. My biggest advice :)
As someone who has gotten a reckless charge in Connecticut and read how strict va's are I will be careful. I will also be towing a trailer.

doug23838

imported post

While you're welcome to come on down and OC, I should caution you on the use of "yall" as you did in the subject of the post. Northerners are not permitted to say "yall" without understanding "yall" is singular. "All yall" is plural. And "all yall's" is plural possessive. :cool:

More info here: http://home.att.net/~scorh5/Northerners.html

Hope you have a great visit.