Thread: 'Note on InBev's bid to take over Anheuser-Busch' from John R. Lott, Jr.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

http://johnrlott.blogspot.com/

Note on InBev's bid to take over Anheuser-Busch

A friend of mine from Brazil forwarded me this message about InBev, which is trying to aquire Anheuser-Busch.

Subject: A little more spice (InBev x Anheuser-Busch) (google translation)

You knew that Ambev (InBev group, on Brazil) was a major donor campaign to prevent the Brazilian citizen possessing arms and ammunition?

Note that here it is almost impossible to bear arms legally, apparently not satisfied with it Ambev donated $ 400000.00 (four hundred thousand reais) to support the campaign to prevent even the possession of weapons by the Brazilian citizen, in the referendum of 2005.

Will be ironic attend a North American funding the anti-gun groups each time that drink a beer.

Regards, Julibio David Ardigo, Dr.Eng. Professor of Udesc and Unisul
    Sources (in potuguese): here, here, here, and here.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Referendum_concerning_the_prohibition_of_the_sale_ of_firearms_and_ammunition#Finances_of_the_campaig ns
    Yes" had as its main contributors the beverage company Ambev (around R$400,000), the Confederação Brasileira de Futebol (R$100,000) and the Prestadora de Serviços Estruturar (R$400,000), with a total of R$2.4 million in donations.

Post imported post

I was already opposed to the sale, but now I am pissed off about the proposal. I am not a big fan of AB beers so the boycott will at least be easy for me.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

I heard rumors a long time ago that AB was anti-gun. Anyone else ever heard this??

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

I could go for a Miller High Life right now.
    (Miller actively supports and funds shooting sports)
    Coors is fairly gun friendly too.

Post imported post

I bleed Yuengling with blue and white food coloring added since I am a Nittany Lions fan.Budd is what happens when you make beer from recycled pee.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Never liked AB, now I can't stand it. I have family in Brasil (in-laws) and my two of my BIL's work fortheir state (Bahia). I'm going to call and askmore about this mess. Last visit I told them about my guns and about OC and they were shocked and ONLY WISHED they could do that.

We're buying property there soon and as beautiful as it is, I feel naked unarmed. I do hope they reform that corrupt policy.

Banned

Post imported post

I grew up drinking Coors until they went mainstream. Even to the point of buying it from acquaintances paying for trips to CSPRRC (Champion Spark Plug Road Race of Champions at Road Atlanta) from the West that way.

I drank Yeungling until they built the Florida brewery and went mainstream.

Now I drink local brews; Capital Brewery's Island Wheat at home http://www.islandwheat.com/, New Glarus or Leinenkugel while traveling and local brewerys' away.

Coors' history is analogue of the GOP; sold out pandering to the muddled middle.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

+1 for microbrews! I prefer ale and will only drink lager if someone hands me one, refusal would just be rude. Bass Ale and Sam Adams are the biggest names I drink. Everything else. I've tried beer and all all over the world and our mainstream American Beer tastes like watered down swill compared to the rest.

It's funny that's how the beer industry started out - microbreweries all over the country. They all got bougth out bythe huge political-industrial conglomerates and started producing more profits than good beer. Now that people are duly fed up with their taste and politics, they'removing back to the micro's once again.

"Beer is proof that God Loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Post imported post

The reason beer sucks in America is prohibition, which ruined the industry and it's never quite recovered.

Banned

Post imported post

Nobody's whining 'OT OT!' Our duty revenoor must be inebriated at the moment else he'd be crying 'revenuer-bashing'.

Post imported post

I quit drinking Miller after they started sponsoring pro-illegal immigration events. That did it for me. I usually drink Sam Adams anymore (which of course sends money to Boston which is less than desireable). Most mainstream domestics taste pretty watered down anymore.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

I read an article a long time ago about beers. The mass produced stuff like Bud and Miller use water from the cities where it's made. The less mass produced stuff uses better water so that helps the taste. The same article gave Sierra Nevada Pale Ale highest marks for American beer and Guinness for foriegn made.

State Researcher

Post imported post

+1000 for local microbrews!

Of course Oly beer is no longer made in Oly so it's no longer got "the water" But there are other local breweries that have it! Fish Brewing Company is right downtown Oly and I can get their hard cider on tap too! Dick's Brewing in Centralia, plus the Seattle area has plenty of great brews! Red Hook, Pyramid, Hales, Mack and Jack, etc... Sometimes I drink Henry Winehards, but not often.