• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

John lott snipes at open carry again, raising the police harassment bogie man

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://johnrlott.blogspot.com/2008/06/interesting-discussion-about-police.html#comments

I'm really wondering now - so in Lott's world concealed carriers are supposed to be too risk averse to face up to the chance of unlawful police officer editorializing against open carry, somthing usually easily quashed by a formal complaint to the police chief or lawsuit in court, but can be trusted to unholster and expose their gun to run to defend somebody else instead of minding their own business and staying out of harm's way with their gun safely hidden?

Lott needs to hear from us again.

My comment submitted but not yet posted: "Right - the positive externality of open carry is awesome! It flushes out unlawful police procedures often quietly applied to concealed carriers, sets the conditions for the police to be corrected, and educated the public about their long forgotten gun rights! This is happening now in Pennsylvania on a common police policy to seize guns from gun owners in the streets until they can "prove ownership." Like the Colorado Springs Gazette Editorial said a few days ago, open carry is a positive trend because "if gun owners can educate the public on positive aspects of firearms, everyone is better off." See "Carrying firearms a chance to educate public," at http://tinyurl.com/4eun5w.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mike wrote:
http://johnrlott.blogspot.com/2008/06/interesting-discussion-about-police.html#comments

I'm really wondering now - so in Lott's world concealed carriers are supposed to be too risk averse to face up to the chance of unlawful police officer editorializing against open carry, somthing usually easily quashed by a formal complaint to the police chief or lawsuit in court, but can be trusted to unholster and expose their gun to run to defend somebody else instead of minding their own business and staying out of harm's way with their gun safely hidden?

Lott needs to hear from us again.

Did anybody else notice that Lott was quoting from a Utah newspaper article concerning a bunch of OC-ers who were upset at the harassment they received from one specific city PD?

Or that the newspaper article was entirely supportive of OC and totally against trhe harassment?

Why are you all jumping on Mr. Lott for supporting your position that OC is good?

*Bunch of ninnies can't even read a blog without going off half-cocked* *kicks rock as he shuffles on down the road*

stay safe.

skidmark