• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Respone from a Chesterfield Police Officer

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

It would be a lot better if you posted his name.

I know, it'd ruin your relationship, it wouldn't do much for his career either...but if it didn't change his attitude, it would go a long way towards improving his professionalism.

Sheriff

imported post

Repeater wrote:
The county's shortage of officers is forcing the police department to play its own version of musical chairs as it shifts manpower from specialized crime units to cover more critical patrol operations.
This is a major problem all over the nation. So many "gravy train" specialized units have been formed and so many officers fighting to be assigned to them.... nobody was leftover to work in patrol. Such as these "drug task forces" that seem to accomplish so little --what a drain on the front line manpower. And it's an officer's dream come true to become a DARE officer in a school and work day hours with a bunch of little kids. Community Policing, another joke on a stick. Just dozens and dozens of specialized units.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

DrMark wrote:
Do the Chesterfirld folks have open carry dinners?

If so, perhaps you could attend one with your officer friend.

Look for the Richmond OC Dinner threads. We just had our June dinner and there was an interesting discussion http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/11546.html of the difference betyween "dropping a dime" on someone and "dropping a quarter".

Good friends, good food, hlh got okra to take home, and we'regoing to do it again next month unless the river rises. New blood is always welcome - we do not make newbies buy ammo (although it has been tried once or twice :lol:).

stay safe.

skidmark

67GT390FB

imported post

DDrake wrote:
...saids someone who joined 7 days ago with only 6 posts.

Sorry, but something is fishy about this post.

nothing too fishy to me. I was talking to a chesterfield po in one of the local gun stores after the manassas and danbus incidents. nice guy he said he new OC was legal that his SGT would have had his ass in a sling if he tried to arrest or detain someone for OC but that he personally thought OC for the avg citizen was...his words now..."stupid"....he went on to espouse how his training and "bat belt"(my word) of gear would help to keep him from being disarmed bya bad guy but the avg joe would be defenceless.

So no even though CPD knows that OC is legal and doesn't routinely harass people over it I can see where the OP's cop could say what he did.

Drake

imported post

Wasn't trying to offend, but its not uncommon for people to go onto ar15 and thehighroad trying to push gun-owner buttons by making up stories. The reason why I am skeptical is because this officer writes like a 12 year old on AIM. Not to mention, the response highlights an elitist response, which someone subconsciously may have but rarely would express.

In other words, if I wanted to create controversy... I would writes something similar.

ThunderRanch

imported post

Well, in his defense, the response was not from a computer, and I know if I'm "texting" an e-mail response I tend to ustilize the shortcuts as well. One other note, he is definitely what you would consider a "good old boy" and the spelling and grammar are really in keeping with the way he talks! He's a great guy, a good officer, and a good friend.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Repeater wrote:
It seems many CC LEOs are complaining of low pay. Here's a letter from Kevin P. Carroll, President of the Chesterfield Fraternal Order of Police, Lodge # 47:

[SNIP]
"I want to thank all of the citizens that have spoken out about the police pay and retention issue. It pleases me to see people exercising their First Amendment right to free speech. As a police officer, it is important to know that we are appreciated for the work that we do. I know that your police officers welcomed the needed support from the community.

"I have lobbied in the General Assembly over the last two years on a variety of issues. It's a funny thing about politicians. Generally speaking, they do support strong public safety whether they are Republican, Democrat or Independent. They just don't want to spend money on it."

Well, he specifically lobbied to close the gun-show loophole and for the Miller arrest for any misdemeanor bills. Not very helpful to Virginians who carry.
So it pleases him to see people exercising their First Amendment rights but he has some level of opposition to The People exercising their Second Amendment right? I missed the amendment or clause that says, "And the Government and their agents shall have have the right and authority to pick and choose which parts of this Constitution they shall enforce or follow."

Sheriff

imported post

ThunderRanch wrote:
Well, in his defense.... the spelling and grammar are really in keeping with the way he talks! He's a great guy, a good officer, and a good friend.
Just ain't real bright, is he? :lol:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Sheriff wrote:
ThunderRanch wrote:
Well, in his defense.... the spelling and grammar are really in keeping with the way he talks! He's a great guy, a good officer, and a good friend.
Just ain't real bright, is he? :lol:

Sort of my thinking.
He's a dumb son of a bitch! Feel free to quote me.:D