Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Texans needed now - to sign online petition for restoration of open carry rights!

  1. #1
    Moderator / Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    8,711

    Post imported post

    http://www.petitiononline.com/texasoc/petition.html

    Pass this link on ASAP! Hang it from every web site you can find!

    Only 2,495 signatures? Come on, the number should be 10 times that!

    PS. Folks from the other states banning open carry, SC, FL, AR, and NY should make up their own online petition!


  2. #2
    Accomplished Advocate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bedford, Texas, USA
    Posts
    834

    Post imported post

    3498 Signatures Total

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Gary, Indiana, USA
    Posts
    518

    Post imported post

    It never made sense to me that Texas is so open carry friendly for people carrying rifles and shotguns, but not handguns. Even Arizona, since long before the carrying ofconcealed weapons became legal there, has allowed firearms of every type, even class III and NFA weapons, to be carried openly without a permit or license of any kind. It seems silly to me that this particular group of firearms is singled out as being off limits to open carry.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    736

    Post imported post

    Why do they always seem to forget Oregon as a licensed Open Carry state and Washington as an unlicensed Open Carry state?


    Anyway, go get 'em Texas. :celebrate

  5. #5
    Moderator / Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    8,711

    Post imported post

    grishnav wrote:
    Why do they always seem to forget Oregon as a licensed Open Carry state and Washington as an unlicensed Open Carry state?
    Anyway, go get 'em Texas. :celebrate
    Both OR and WA are anomalous open carry states.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    736

    Post imported post

    Mike wrote:
    grishnav wrote:
    Both OR and WA are anomalous open carry states.
    Yeah, I emailed you about that (or, at least, OR... it's clear to me why WA is considered anomalous, even if I disagree). Curious as to why. If you'd be so kind as to respond when you get a chance I'd appreciate it, but let's not hijack the thread.

  7. #7
    Moderator / Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    8,711

    Post imported post

    grishnav wrote:
    Mike wrote:
    grishnav wrote:
    Both OR and WA are anomalous open carry states.
    Yeah, I emailed you about that (or, at least, OR... it's clear to me why WA is considered anomalous, even if I disagree). Curious as to why. If you'd be so kind as to respond when you get a chance I'd appreciate it, but let's not hijack the thread.
    WA requires license for OC in vehicle. OR has preemption for OC only for permit holders..

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    949

    Post imported post

    Mike wrote:
    http://www.petitiononline.com/texasoc/petition.html

    Pass this link on ASAP! Hang it from every web site you can find!

    Only 2,495 signatures? Come on, the number should be 10 times that!

    PS. Folks from the other states banning open carry, SC, FL, AR, and NY should make up their own online petition!
    Ok, I read it. Paragraph 7 adds up to only 28 states.:?

    Why are 22 states missing? This 22 includes states like Oregon and Colorado.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Arlington, Texas, USA
    Posts
    234

    Post imported post

    Following up on the Fox 4 News coverage of Texas CDL - how about "somebody" starting a BLOG on the Fox 4 page on the Texas open carry effort. I'm a former Texan in Colorado - have the time but not the "standing".

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Palm Bay, Florida, USA
    Posts
    238

    Post imported post

    PS. Folks from the other states banning open carry, SC, FL, AR, and NY should make up their own online petition!



    We did!!! At least in Florida we did, webasically copied the Texas one and switched out Gov. names and voila - instant Florida Open Carry Petition.

    Now if someone would be kind enough to sticky the thread I made about the Florida Petition in theFlorida Forum, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    949

    Post imported post

    Mike wrote:
    grishnav wrote:
    Why do they always seem to forget Oregon as a licensed Open Carry state and Washington as an unlicensed Open Carry state?
    Anyway, go get 'em Texas. :celebrate
    Both OR and WA are anomalous open carry states.
    Mike - So?

    I mean, really. I carry openly every time I am on vacation in Oregon (which is every one to two years).

    The fact is, you can carry openly there without a license. They should be listed.

    Under your definition of "anomalous," the State of Georgia is an "anomalous" concealed carry state, too.

  12. #12
    Moderator / Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    8,711

    Post imported post

    Malum Prohibitum wrote:
    Mike wrote:
    grishnav wrote:
    Why do they always seem to forget Oregon as a licensed Open Carry state and Washington as an unlicensed Open Carry state?
    Anyway, go get 'em Texas. :celebrate
    Both OR and WA are anomalous open carry states.
    Mike - So?

    I mean, really. I carry openly every time I am on vacation in Oregon (which is every one to two years).

    The fact is, you can carry openly there without a license. They should be listed.

    Under your definition of "anomalous," the State of Georgia is an "anomalous" concealed carry state, too.
    You can open carry in Oregon without any license only where the locality has not prohibited it - then you need a CHP to invoke preemption. oregon has a preemption problem, that's why it is an "anomalous open carry state."

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    949

    Post imported post

    I understand, and I avoid those localities (there aren't very many).

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Arlington, Texas, USA
    Posts
    234

    Post imported post

    You Texans need to "educate" the anti-carry freaks to a comprehension that the Texas Constitution repects your RIGHT to be armedto defend your person. They , on the other hand, do NOT have a "right" to "be comfortable" with your wearing of that side-arm. Some anti-dudein Texas was quoted saying ..." it doesn't matter what your purpose for wearing a gun is ... it's MY reaction to it that counts..WRONG-WRONG - WRONG ! Pure state of mind. The "rattling" of the shrill voices of the anti-2A crowd is an annoyance we just have to live with. The odds are that in their lifetime they will be "converted" or become a statistic. This is WHY we OC where we can - and WILL soon OC in Texas when I visit family down there. Any one considering scheduling an OC rallyon the Texas Capitol South lawn- 5,000 Texans peacefully assembled OC'ing ?Even an "empty holster" event - where the Legislature can see the support. You know, the 1st amendment is excercised by speaking - the 2A is excercised by bearing of arms.

  15. #15
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dallas, TX, ,
    Posts
    496

    Post imported post

    9433 Total Signatures


    :what::celebratewhen I signed it there were only 1600. The news stories, and obviously the efforts of advocates here at OCDO, are definitely kick-starting this effort.

  16. #16
    Moderator / Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    8,711

    Post imported post

    OK folks, let's get family, friends, and associates in on this effort to break 10,000 today!!!

  17. #17
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    , Texas, USA
    Posts
    40

    Post imported post

    I was #14507 and am getting everyone that I know to sign.

  18. #18
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Graham, Texas
    Posts
    313

    Post imported post

    Circa 15500 votes so far and growing every day. Goooood stuff people. Keep'em coming.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •