• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Texans needed now - to sign online petition for restoration of open carry rights!

tattedupboy

imported post

It never made sense to me that Texas is so open carry friendly for people carrying rifles and shotguns, but not handguns. Even Arizona, since long before the carrying ofconcealed weapons became legal there, has allowed firearms of every type, even class III and NFA weapons, to be carried openly without a permit or license of any kind. It seems silly to me that this particular group of firearms is singled out as being off limits to open carry.

grishnav

imported post

:cuss:Why do they always seem to forget Oregon as a licensed Open Carry state and Washington as an unlicensed Open Carry state? :banghead:

Anyway, go get 'em Texas. :celebrate

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

grishnav wrote:
:cuss:Why do they always seem to forget Oregon as a licensed Open Carry state and Washington as an unlicensed Open Carry state? :banghead:
Both OR and WA are anomalous open carry states.

grishnav

imported post

Mike wrote:
grishnav wrote: Both OR and WA are anomalous open carry states.
Yeah, I emailed you about that (or, at least, OR... it's clear to me why WA is considered anomalous, even if I disagree). Curious as to why. If you'd be so kind as to respond when you get a chance I'd appreciate it, but let's not hijack the thread. :)

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

grishnav wrote:
Mike wrote:
grishnav wrote: Both OR and WA are anomalous open carry states.
Yeah, I emailed you about that (or, at least, OR... it's clear to me why WA is considered anomalous, even if I disagree). Curious as to why. If you'd be so kind as to respond when you get a chance I'd appreciate it, but let's not hijack the thread. :)
WA requires license for OC in vehicle. OR has preemption for OC only for permit holders..

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

Mike wrote:
http://www.petitiononline.com/texasoc/petition.html

Pass this link on ASAP! Hang it from every web site you can find!

Only 2,495 signatures? Come on, the number should be 10 times that!

PS. Folks from the other states banning open carry, SC, FL, AR, and NY should make up their own online petition!

Ok, I read it. Paragraph 7 adds up to only 28 states.:?

Why are 22 states missing? This 22 includes states like Oregon and Colorado.

SANDCREEK

imported post

Following up on the Fox 4 News coverage of Texas CDL - how about "somebody" starting a BLOG on the Fox 4 page on the Texas open carry effort. I'm a former Texan in Colorado - have the time but not the "standing".

FzSBLACKMAGICK

Campaign Veteran
imported post

PS. Folks from the other states banning open carry, SC, FL, AR, and NY should make up their own online petition!

We did!!! At least in Florida we did, webasically copied the Texas one and switched out Gov. names and voila - instant Florida Open Carry Petition. :cool:

Now if someone would be kind enough to sticky the thread I made about the Florida Petition in theFlorida Forum, it would be greatly appreciated. :D

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

Mike wrote:
grishnav wrote:

Mike - So?

I mean, really. I carry openly every time I am on vacation in Oregon (which is every one to two years).

The fact is, you can carry openly there without a license. They should be listed.

Under your definition of "anomalous," the State of Georgia is an "anomalous" concealed carry state, too. :lol:

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Malum Prohibitum wrote:
Mike wrote:
grishnav wrote:

Mike - So?

I mean, really. I carry openly every time I am on vacation in Oregon (which is every one to two years).

The fact is, you can carry openly there without a license. They should be listed.

Under your definition of "anomalous," the State of Georgia is an "anomalous" concealed carry state, too. :lol:
You can open carry in Oregon without any license only where the locality has not prohibited it - then you need a CHP to invoke preemption. oregon has a preemption problem, that's why it is an "anomalous open carry state."

SANDCREEK

imported post

You Texans need to "educate" the anti-carry freaks to a comprehension that the Texas Constitution repects your RIGHT to be armedto defend your person. They , on the other hand, do NOT have a "right" to "be comfortable" with your wearing of that side-arm. Some anti-dudein Texas was quoted saying ..." it doesn't matter what your purpose for wearing a gun is ... it's MY reaction to it that counts..WRONG-WRONG - WRONG ! Pure state of mind. The "rattling" of the shrill voices of the anti-2A crowd is an annoyance we just have to live with. The odds are that in their lifetime they will be "converted" or become a statistic. This is WHY we OC where we can - and WILL soon OC in Texas when I visit family down there. Any one considering scheduling an OC rallyon the Texas Capitol South lawn- 5,000 Texans peacefully assembled OC'ing ?Even an "empty holster" event - where the Legislature can see the support. You know, the 1st amendment is excercised by speaking - the 2A is excercised by bearing of arms.

Liko81

Founder's Club Member
imported post

9433 Total Signatures

:what::celebrate
clapping.gif
clapping.gif
clapping.gif
when I signed it there were only 1600. The news stories, and obviously the efforts of advocates here at OCDO, are definitely kick-starting this effort.