• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Article in London Telegraph

Eeyore

imported post

I read this article, which is linked from the Open Carry home page:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/2100677/American-gun-owners-call-for-cowboy-holsters-to-be-worn-in-public.html

"Their right to wear their gun, usually on a holster at their hip, as they go about their day is protected in state laws that override any constitutional ruling in the US capital, they claim." :shock:

Nobody's making that calim, as far as I know. Apparently, they don't quite understand the US legal system.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

Eeyore wrote:
"Their right to wear their gun, usually on a holster at their hip, as they go about their day is protected in state laws that override any constitutional ruling in the US capital, they claim." :shock:

I would say they wrote that exactly opposite of the way most 2A advocates would say it.

It should read;
"Their right to wear their gun, usually on a holster at their hip, as they go about their day is protectedby the Constitution in spite ofanylaws in the US to the contrary, they claim."