• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New people

thx997303

imported post

So, I have noticed that a lot of new people have been coming here, so I was wondering how y'all found out about Opencarry.org?

And I'd like to welcome all new members in advance.

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Also, anyone who hasn't filled out his/her location in the profile should do it. It's always nice to know who is from what state to give accurate info... If you don't want to fill out the city, that's fine, at least put Utah in.

Cykaos

Opt-Out Members
imported post

I found the site through the LA Times article. I would imagine most of the new members are from one of the many recent news articles such as the LA Times article and also the articles about the WVC council meeting.

Keldar

imported post

I heard about the site from the news article about those having issues in West Valley City. Did not know you existed, nice to be here, nice to meet like minded folks who exercise the rights we have!

Ebeye

imported post

I read the LA Times article which was posted in a 'net preparedness discussion group and hit the link in the text to here. This is a big breath of fresh air. Haven't OC'd yet though. Still reading blogs, laws and postings. Haven't seen any other OC'ers here in Box Elder county as yet. Guess I should get started!

thx997303

imported post

Well, I'd like to welcome all of you, Wow, it's a good thing we've been getting out in the public eye.

swillden

imported post

Ebeye wrote:
I read the LA Times article which was posted in a 'net preparedness discussion group and hit the link in the text to here. This is a big breath of fresh air. Haven't OC'd yet though. Still reading blogs, laws and postings. Haven't seen any other OC'ers here in Box Elder county as yet. Guess I should get started!
I've OC'd at the Wal-mart in Brigham City. I'll probably do it again today on my way up to Idaho.

scorpioajr

imported post

Ebeye wrote:

Welcome.:monkey

scorpioajr

imported post

Keldar wrote:
I heard about the site from the news article about those having issues in West Valley City. Did not know you existed, nice to be here, nice to meet like minded folks who exercise the rights we have!
Welcome. :celebrate

thx997303

imported post

I think they should change the name of the Utah forum to...................

Post whores, cows, and zombies.:D

ainokea

imported post

Hello Everyone!! I first found this site8 or9 months ago when I was searching for OC laws in Utah. I have enjoyed reading all of the information off this site and finally decided to join. (I should have done this 8 or 9 months ago)

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ainokea wrote:
Hello Everyone!! I first found this site8 or9 months ago when I was searching for OC laws in Utah. I have enjoyed reading all of the information off this site and finally decided to join. (I should have done this 8 or 9 months ago)
Welcome! Be sure to post often.

Also feel free to fill out your city if you want.

scorpioajr

imported post

ainokea wrote:

Welcome! :monkey:celebrate

OCwith1911

imported post

ainokea wrote:
Same here! I was just lookinh up some of the laws and came across
OCDO.