• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCers in fresno, Ca

Rickster

imported post

Are you the same poster who posted this on the Ron Paul forums? The words and whatwas said is almost identical?

A gathering or barbeque sounds great to me !But i do somewhat have a differant opinion? Some of my thoughts are instead of haveing a bunch of groups,Why dont we focus on just 1 that will have a high turnout which will also have the mostOpen Carryers with the most experiance? I know someone else on here wants to do one in Turlock. My reasoning is to not have splintering but a good focused effert? Maybe a combination -its a possability?On the other side-Getting people to commit is easy to say.Anyone can say , yes count me in. I propose that there is some kind of non-refundable donation (For Food,Beverages,Plates, etc,).I have found when people send money ,They most usually go to the event-especially when the money isint misused and the left over money (if Any) is usedfor another event. Its a use it or lose it thing!

poothrowingape

imported post

but on the bright side i will be getting a pistol soon! im stuck between a glock 17 and taurus 92. Does anyone have input or opinions? maybe other guns ill be interested in... Im 6'3'', 238 lbs. and a lefty. i know i can probably take a larger round in a gun but i am also getting it for my job too, and i have to start out at a 9mm.

fresno-opencarry-now

imported post

Glocks are great, I had one and sold it... worst thing to ever sell.. HOWEVER to oc with I am looking into a 357 revolver just for the abililty "if needed" to slip one round into the chamber versus loading a full clip during an "issue" that might spring up... That is about the only reason I am thinking about getting a revolver to oc with versus a mag + oc'ing with an empty magwell can show easier then a revolver.

I would go with the glock 19 over the 17 as well BUT I have a smaller hand size so maybe you might need that 17.

poothrowingape wrote:
but on the bright side i will be getting a pistol soon! im stuck between a glock 17 and taurus 92. Does anyone have input or opinions? maybe other guns ill be interested in... Im 6'3'', 238 lbs. and a lefty. i know i can probably take a larger round in a gun but i am also getting it for my job too, and i have to start out at a 9mm.

poothrowingape

imported post

ya i looked at both glocks and the 19's handle actually stopped in my hand because it was too short.

Also another question, Does anyone know if Glock C's are legal in california?

as in glock 17c, that means the barrel has ports at the top to reduce recoil. i have a feeling their illegal knowing california.

Thundar

imported post

poothrowingape wrote:
true. i have a highly illegal sks(see pic), a mossin Nagant, a browning dear rifle (.223), and a romanian military training rifle (.22).

any suggestions?

....other than leaving the sks at home lol...

Stop posting this sort of thing (violation of CA laws - unjust as they may be). You just gave 50 probable cause to kick in your door.

If after kicking in your door the po po find your baby, the posting here would be used against you ina kangaroo court.

This site is monitored, I assure you.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Didn't the assault weapons ban grandfather any rifles owned prior to the ban? If so, it doesn't seem like there's evidence of an actual crime being committed.

Decoligny

imported post

marshaul wrote:
Didn't the assault weapons ban grandfather any rifles owned prior to the ban? If so, it doesn't seem like there's evidence of an actual crime being committed.
If you registered the assault weapon that was owned pre-ban during the applicable grace period, then fine nothing illegal. However when you state"I have a highly illegal ________", then you are saying that you have commited a crime, i.e., possession of an ILLEGAL AW.

I could have a room full of perfectly legal aspirin, but if I post "I have a room full of highly illegal ecstacy pills"(I DO NOT HAVE ANY) the Police would have enough PC to get a warrent and search my house.

By making a statement that you are commiting a crime gives the Police the key to your door (aka battering ram)

Decoligny

imported post

poothrowingape wrote:
i wouldnt consider it a crime since i naver shoot it. its more like a display, although it "can" fire. i try not to since it looks so menacing.
Firing it isn't the illegal part. Possession is the illegal part.

fresno-opencarry-now

imported post

OC shooting event at the range or the fresno rifle pistol club? Does anyone know the laws reguarding coming into either location oc'ing? We don't need to have an "event" but all meetup WHILE oc'ing and just enjoy shooting together. We could even do a lunch before or after the event... Any thoughts?

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

fresno-opencarry-now wrote:
OC shooting event at the range or the fresno rifle pistol club? Does anyone know the laws reguarding coming into either location oc'ing? We don't need to have an "event" but all meetup WHILE oc'ing and just enjoy shooting together. We could even do a lunch before or after the event... Any thoughts?
To my knowledge, there are no statutes regarding carrying in gun shops or rangees. As long as they don't have a sign posted asking you not to carry, and as long as they don't ask you to leave, I don't see a problem. I carry into my local gun shops regularly.

Elvsirc

Hi

This is Elvis, i live in the Fresno area and was wondering what i have to do to joing oc in fresno? is there like an official club? please let me know i'm highly interested. thank you