• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utah CCW

marine2000

imported post

I have been on this site fairly not too long ago andone thingI noticed is how everyone is discussing on as to how to obtain a (Utah) CCW permit....!!!!!!

Let me help everyone out here.......

Just go to this site if you are living in the Tri-State area...

http://www.firearmstraininggroup.com/

The instructor is Craig Collins.

It's in Owing Mills..........He will have you do the basic pistol training which usually lasts about 8 hours . ( 4Hrs Classroom) /( 4Hrs Practical ) .

Then you do a simple test and if/when you pass you will be given a certificate and an application with instructor certification on which you sign off and fill out and then send it to Utah BCI.

Waita month(s) depending on criminal background check.....and presto...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone has any questions....please feel free to PM.

marine2000

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

marine2000 wrote:
Waita month(s) depending on criminal background check.....and presto...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I FedEx'ed my application in on May 5th.. called yesterday and they said I should see it in another 3 weeks... (They must be busy!).. I am going to Washington State and want to take "Justin". ;)

eyesopened

imported post

You named your firearm a guy's name? Isn't there some man law that says we have to identify our guns/cars/motorcycles etc as females? :lol:

marine2000

imported post

Ed...

The process is a bit lenghty at times depending on the number of applications sent out to the ( BCI Utah).

You will have an agent assigned to you for your case.The real issue here i would say would be with FBI. As they have hundreds of applicants and this is normally a slow process. But according to what i went through it took me roughly about 4-6 months from basic training to sending the applicationbefore i had received the actual permit in the mail.

I would recommend you give your case assigned agent a call and follow up with him/her regarding your matter.

If anything please feel free to PM me and i will give you further details.