• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

June Western Washington Meet

TechnoWeenie

imported post

I'm going to say a chinese buffet.. There's a few scattered between Tacoma and Olympia, and there's a really good one in Lacey...

So, tenatively, unless otherwise planned, we'll call it in Lacey, I'll post the address when I have it...

Main Chinese Buffet

(360) 455-8899

5580 Martin Way E
Olympia, WA 98516

Figure about 12$ a head, but has a pretty good selection.

60501.jpg

just_a_car

imported post

For God's sake... please tell me they have something other than sushi!? *holds back vomit*

I mean, I love Chinese food, but that picture just makes me nauseas!

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Sunday, June 22nd , 1 PM @ Main Buffet.

It should be late enough not to get the church crowd..

If 1 PM is too early, let me know, I'm gonna call tomorrow and see about reservations for about 20 people...

ETA: They have plenty of stuff other than sushi.

Gene Beasley

imported post

Anyone want to meet up in Federal Way and car pool? PM me if you're interested. I plan on going either way, but would enjoy the company. Plan on 1200 departure if Federal Way.

compmanio365

imported post

That's a little pricey.......and haven't we had the last couple meets down in Olympia? Why not something a little further north? If it's already "called", fine, but I'm tired of not being able to make these lunches because either the place is too expensive or the place is too damn far away. $4.50 for gas kinda wears your wallet thin, anddoesn't leave much room for anything else. :cuss:

TechnoWeenie

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
That's a little pricey.......and haven't we had the last couple meets down in Olympia?  Why not something a little further north?  If it's already "called", fine, but I'm tired of not being able to make these lunches because either the place is too expensive or the place is too damn far away.  $4.50 for gas kinda wears your wallet thin, and doesn't leave much room for anything else. :cuss:

It's 20 miles/minutes from Tacoma... 2 gallons of gas @ 20MPG.

compmanio365

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
compmanio365 wrote:
That's a little pricey.......and haven't we had the last couple meets down in Olympia? Why not something a little further north? If it's already "called", fine, but I'm tired of not being able to make these lunches because either the place is too expensive or the place is too damn far away. $4.50 for gas kinda wears your wallet thin, anddoesn't leave much room for anything else. :cuss:

It's 20 miles/minutes from Tacoma... 2 gallons of gas @ 20MPG.

28.8 miles X 2@ 15 MPG = 3.84 gallons @ 4.50 = 17.28 + 12/person X 2 = $41.28

Gets expensive quick doesn't it?

I'll see if I can make it......why we keep having meetup after meetup in Olympia is beyond me though.........not exactly fair to people up in the North end.....they are worse off than I am in Tacoma......just saying.....something in the middle, like south or central King County would seem good for everyone over here.....we'd all probably end up driving close to the same distance. Something to keep in mind for future meets as gas just gets more and more expensive......:uhoh:

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

There was the meet in Oly in December as a response to OPD jacking me up again and drawing a weapon. Then there was an informal meet in oly with just a few people. Then there was another informal meet with a few people. This would be the second formal meet in Thurston County IIRC.

I think what happened here is nobody called the June meet so somebody did. You could have called it for Tacoma if you had acted earlier... :p

That said it is getting difficult as there are more and more people OCing across the area. Maybe soon we can have regional meets that are as big as the usual monthly meet!

Another option would be to take the bus down here.

CrossBow33

imported post

I'll be thinking of you all. I'll be in Florida, tending to the parents (and applying for a non-res permit). It's looking like this will be a recurringoccurrence as they're getting on in age.

Have fun!

Bear 45/70

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
For God's sake... please tell me they have something other than sushi!? *holds back vomit*

Sushi is Japanese not Chinese anyway.

just_a_car

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
just_a_car wrote:

Sushi is Japanese not Chinese anyway.
Yeah... I know, but the place is called Main Chinese Buffet and most of that picture is filled with Sushi and Sashimi.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Yeah... I know, but the place is called Main Chinese Buffet and most of that picture is filled with Sushi and Sashimi.
no matter what country its from or who is serving it, it's still raw fish....

luvmyglock

imported post

Hey guys! I have never open carried before, but I have been talking with sv-libertarian on IM, and I think I am going to give it a try this weekend. I live like one minute from that restaraunt! I may be there with my wife, but not sure. How many people do we anticipate having there?

Austin

Crackajack

imported post

Heck, I'm in Olympia for the next couple days. I'll try to make this one (even though I just went to main today. I love the sushi!).

It'll give me a chance to try out my new Blackhawk CQC holster.