• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

June Western Washington Meet

TechnoWeenie

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
dlnwoody wrote:
how are they with open carry.
We don't normally pick a place for a group OC unless they are OC friendly.

We'll find out!

I called, and arranged for seating for 15-20 people around 1PM.

The response was, 'no problem, we'll push as many tables together as needed to keep everyone together'.

I left my name, and number. I did NOT mention OC. Did I make an error in not mentioning it?

Mainsail

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
M1Gunr wrote:
dlnwoody wrote:

We'll find out!

The response was, 'no problem, we'll push as many tables together as needed to keep everyone together'.

I left my name, and number. I did NOT mention OC. Did I make an error in not mentioning it?
No. Our carry method is normal so there is no need to ask permission to do what Article One Section 24 recognizes.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Mainsail wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
M1Gunr wrote:
dlnwoody wrote:

We'll find out!

No.  Our carry method is normal so there is no need to ask permission to do what Article One Section 24 recognizes.

My thinking was along the same lines, we're not doing anything illegal, so it shouldn't matter. If it does become an issue, we can educate and inform. I think there might be a small cultural issue, but I think when it comes down to it, the almighty dollar and the 'well, we're good guys, at least you won't get robbed while we're here' might go a long way.

If anyone needs transportation in the lacey/tumwater/olympia area I can oblige.

RangerAv8r

imported post

That was fun and good food;right now I wish I ate more though. Great seeing all you guys today. BTW, I went to Lakewood Town Center OC to Joe's and Office Depot.

M