• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Snohomish county shooting

Misguided Child

imported post

Does anybody know of a good shooting spot where I can take the AR, AK, and shotgun? I'd really like 100 yds or more and I think there must be a couple spots somewhere. Between Monroe and Granite falls would be best.

joeroket

imported post

There are some up just outside of Index, if I remember right. I have yet to go to any of them but a guy I work with goes up quite often. I'll ask him exactly where he goes when I see him today.

John Hardin

imported post

Also, FYI, here's a copy of the Snohomish County Where You Can't Shoot map:

http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/NoShooting_Full_County.pdf

It's rather large.

--
Obama_Bumper_Stickers_animated.gif

just_a_car

imported post

Misguided Child wrote:
Now that's a handy resource, Any idea if I can pick up a hard copy somewhere?
Why not do what I did?... Download it and save it to your computer.

I plan on taking it to Kinko's at some point to have a large one made up.

joeroket

imported post

I never did see the guy I work with today. If my memory is working Monday morning I will find the locatuion he goes to. I know he said it goes out to about 250yds.

Misguided Child

imported post

I did download it! I'd rather not pack my 17" laptop on the Harley while I go scouting. And yes, I know how to use my printer before you mention that but I would prefer not to pack around multiple sheets of paper to cover all the ground I could check out in a couple hours on the bike.

kschmadeka

imported post

I recently found some excellentNational Forest roads a little ways past Gold Bar. I have Microsoft Streets and Trips, which makes them easy to find. I might be able to create a PDF map if anyone wants one.

Years ago the place to go was Sultan Basin Road, but now that's shut down. There are some National Forest roads at the end of it aroundSpada lake, but still no shooting spots on those roads.

Up in Skagit County I have a full 1000 yard range.I don't want it shutdown though, soI'm NOT publicizing where that's at!

Kevin

joeroket

imported post

kschmadeka wrote:
I recently found some excellentNational Forest roads a little ways past Gold Bar. I have Microsoft Streets and Trips, which makes them easy to find. I might be able to create a PDF map if anyone wants one.

Years ago the place to go was Sultan Basin Road, but now that's shut down. There are some National Forest roads at the end of it aroundSpada lake, but still no shooting spots on those roads.

Up in Skagit County I have a full 1000 yard range.I don't want it shutdown though, soI'm NOT publicizing where that's at!

Kevin
Kevin it would be great if you could print them to a PDF for us.

kschmadeka

imported post

Here it is. The ones marked NF are the National Forest roads. The road I was exploring recently was NF 6200, which starts right before where the Hwy. 2 symbol appears on the map. Great scenery on that road.The mapshows several other NF roads too, but I haven't explored those ones yet.

If anyone wants a map showing the roads farther out Hwy. 2 I can do that as well.

Kevin

Attachments

• IndexNFroads.pdf
    67.9 KB · Views: 576

rickomatic

imported post

Years ago the place to go was Sultan Basin Road, but now that's shut down. There are some National Forest roads at the end of it around Spada lake, but still no shooting spots on those roads.
Patience my friends. Snhomish County has a Parks Department run shooting range in the works for the Sultan Basin. Should start, hopefully some time in 2009. First part is to secure land from Department of Natural Resources, which is in the final stages now.
I went to a meeting about it several weeks ago in Sultan, and everyone there, including the new SnoCo Sherriff Lovick, Chief Green, Sultan Police Chief, Sultan Mayor, Senator Val Stevens, and more were ALL in strong support. People have been working to get this in place for over 40 years. Looks like it will finally become a reality. Patience. :cool:

phiche92

imported post

kschmadeka wrote:
Here it is. The ones marked NF are the National Forest roads. The road I was exploring recently was NF 6200, which starts right before where the Hwy. 2 symbol appears on the map. Great scenery on that road.The mapshows several other NF roads too, but I haven't explored those ones yet.

If anyone wants a map showing the roads farther out Hwy. 2 I can do that as well.

Kevin

I was shooting on FS road 62 just east of goldbar on Fathers day with my son, where we've been many times. A snohomish County Sheriff showed up and said the area was a no shooting area. He said it was being loged by Longview fiber and at their request DNR shut it down.

There were no signs or locked gates. The Sheriff said there were signs a week before and they had all been torn down. I personally think he was full of sh**.

I hate people that shoot up garbage and leave it in the woods thats why they close it down. We were shooting at eggs, which is our favorite target. Fruits and vegetables work well too.

He told us we could finish our ammo but not to come back as it is a no shooting area. When we asked him where we could shoot he told us to join a range. I think thats bull!