• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where is a good place in Richmond to host a dinner that allows OC?

TEX1N

imported post

I can't go into a lot of details right now, but I'm trying to put together a dinner in Richmond for 100-200+ people and I need a place that is OC friendly. I'm not familiar with the Richmond area, so I need some suggestions. I'd like to do it for $7-10 per head as the total cost.

Thanks in advance!

(I'll provide more details once things are more final...)

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

If you're loooking for that much room, you're probably going to have to rent space in a hotel conference room or some such place. VCDL had a meeting at the Norfolk Radisson a few years back, and we were recieved very graciously. There were about 35-40 of us if I recall correctly.

There is a Radisson near the historic area of downtown Richmond. Maybe give them a call????

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

TEX1N wrote:
I can't go into a lot of details right now, but I'm trying to put together a dinner in Richmond for 100-200+ people and I need a place that is OC friendly. I'm not familiar with the Richmond area, so I need some suggestions. I'd like to do it for $7-10 per head as the total cost.

Thanks in advance!

For that price, maybe Chuck E. Cheese? Is there a Champps there? Fuddruckers? You won't get served beverages at a hotel for that cost, I'm afraid.

Wish I knew Richmond better.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Oh, I don't know if I'm all that willing to help. He never comes around here anymore. Not since he met that beautiful girl and got famous. I'm surprised we're good enough to talk to anymore. :):p

E-mail Philip. I'll bet he knows.

kenny

imported post

Does location matter? City or county? Urban or suburban? For your price range you pretty much rule out any place downtown with a good meal.

If an evening event you can rent the Science Museum it has plenty of parking and they have a caterer. Good location and easy access. It is state property as well.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

TEX1N wrote:

Thanks in advance!

The high end of $10.00/person total cost fairly well negates the possibility of a sit down dinner. It is just not a realistic figure with todays prices considering that most places will add 20% gratuity to the bill.

Not intending to be flip but fast food chains are about all you can expect. Fuddruckers might be able to handle a group that size dependent on the final tally of guests but the cost will likely exceed your limit.

A low end catered affair or cookout style (such as VCDLs recent picnic) at a municiple park should keep you within budget.

Yata hey

TEX1N

imported post

Thanks all for the advice. I know the price is tight, but it's what I have to work with at this point. I don't mind doing an inexpensive catering event, I would then just need an OC friendly venue. I'll check with Fuddruckers and see if there is a Champs in the area. The main problem that I'm running into is that if I get close to 200 people at this event, that most of these burger joints can't support that size of a crowd.

I'll keep looking and run down some of the advice thus far...

TEX1N

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Oh, I don't know if I'm all that willing to help. He never comes around here anymore. Not since he met that beautiful girl and got famous. I'm surprised we're good enough to talk to anymore. :):p

E-mail Philip. I'll bet he knows.
I just quit hanging out here when you started to become a regular poster! :p

I'm busy, what can I say?!? :)