• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What do you make of this open carry cartoon - are we "nuts"?

PT111

imported post

Actually I thought the cartoon was funny as all git out. :lol: Whether or not it portrays gun owners a nuts is up to interpretation but I know some that fit the description. Thankfully the majority of gun owners aren't nuts. :p

WARCHILD

imported post

Hey, I resemble all the above. BTW-- does anyone besides me know where the term "redneck" originated? Not to get too far off topic, but it started with the coal miners strike in uh----- Kentucky or Tennesee. The strikers wore red bandannas around their necks before th Nguard and union busters came in for the fight, so they would know who was friend or foe.

History for today concluded, thank you class.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
Hey, I resemble all the above. BTW-- does anyone besides me know where the term "redneck" originated? Not to get too far off topic, but it started with the coal miners strike in uh----- Kentucky or Tennesee. The strikers wore red bandannas around their necks before th Nguard and union busters came in for the fight, so they would know who was friend or foe.

Please!! Don't nobody ask him for no citation. It'll blow a fuze--mixing scholarship with rednecks! It just can't work.

WARCHILD

imported post

Citizen wrote:
WARCHILD wrote:

Please!! Don't nobody ask him for no citation. It'll blow a fuze--mixing scholarship with rednecks! It just can't work.

Oh hell, my mistake; HISTORY CHANNEL, Feb. '08
It was on right before rum runners and bootleggers-- good show, made me thirsty though:what:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
SNIP It was on right before rum runners and bootleggers-- good show, made me thirsty though

There is a forum rule about mentioning adult beverages on a Friday night.

Thanks a lot. Now, I'm thirsty. :)

WARCHILD

imported post

Citizen wrote:
WARCHILD wrote:
SNIP It was on right before rum runners and bootleggers-- good show, made me thirsty though

Lucky you, being in Va. you're a lot closer to the "LIGHTNING" than I am. Happy swallows:celebrate

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
Citizen wrote:
WARCHILD wrote:

Lucky you, being in Va. you're a lot closer to the "LIGHTNING" than I am. Happy swallows:celebrate

Heck, YEAH!

They even sell it legal in our liquor stores. Call it EverClear or something.

ne1

imported post

If you aren't prepared to actually exercise your rights when necessary, you might as well be just another nut. (I intend to take some squirrels with me when I go.)

Hef

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Hahaha!

After the deadly serious business of defendingthe basic human right to self defense, its great to have a little lighthearted fun.

Hey! If you can't laugh at yourself, something's wrong.

I see he portrayed us as left-ists. The meaning is hidden in the fact that the OCer is left handed. :)

Now me, I'm a centrist--two hands straight out ahead.

Since the message is that we are nuts, I wonder whether the squirrels are meant to be liberals?
I disagree. I feel that the artist drew the movement in the image from left to right because we read from left to right, making for a more natural eye movement, while the individual faces back because it suggests an unwillingness to be carried off. The gun on the left hip is simply the product of those 2 factors.