• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Upgraded the new ride, open carry style

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

So I recently aquired a new(to me) car and finally got around to installing a holster in it that is both easily accessible, in the open, and will keep the gun from flying around the cabin during driving. Below is what I came up with. The primary mounting point for the fabricated bracket is the left front passenger seat bolt, so everything is completely removeable. The pistol is extremely secure and immediately accessible. I was going to mount the 1911, but I figured a premium German automobile requires a premium German pistol, so the HK USP45 fit the bill nicely.:D

DSC03253.jpg

DSC03254.jpg

AbNo

imported post

Showoff.

I might have to do something like that.

'cept I'll be using an AMERICAN pistol in an AMERICAN car. :D

1911s and Jeeps, together since 1940.

Nelson_Muntz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sweet! I'd have to find a different method, being a southpaw. But I did see some new mounts good for either car or desk over at Cheaper Than Dirt.

Bubba Ron

imported post

Reverend73 wrote:
So I recently aquired a new(to me) car and finally got around to installing a holster in it that is both easily accessible, in the open, and will keep the gun from flying around the cabin during driving.
Sneeds the name....Speeds my game....

or

Bond....Reverend Bond....

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Rev,
I enjoyed seeing your handiwork yesterday. It really looks like an official BMW-approved optional accessory!

It should add to the resale value of your car.... at least in Virginia!

I'd love to make a rig like that for my car, but as you know, my pistol is too big. :cool:

Bubba Ron

imported post

ccunning wrote:
Nice. E36 M3?
M3 - we just had dinner with Rev73 and his gal, he goes back to Afghanistan on Wednesday for 5 or 6 more months....pease keep him in your thoughts and prayers (if you're so inclined).

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
Rev,
I enjoyed seeing your handiwork yesterday. It really looks like an official BMW-approved optional accessory!

It should add to the resale value of your car.... at least in Virginia!

I'd love to make a rig like that for my car, but as you know, my pistol is too big. :cool:

Rev,
I enjoyed seeing your handiwork yesterday.
Does NOT sound right:shock:....

but as you know, my pistol is too big. :cool:

neither does this:lol:

TJ

Bubba Ron

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Chkultr wrote:
Nice! Just wish I could see exactly how you mounted it!
Yes,

Please show us the parts and how you did it. I always wanted to do something similar, but witha serpa I believe.

TJ
TJ, the man leaves for the second half of his tour in Afghanistan TOMORROW - he's probably got one or two "other" things that are slightly more important right now.

rimfire

imported post

Just a quick question. What is your alternative if you have a stranger in your front seat? I would be concerned about they having quick access to my gun. If you think you don't have stangers as passengers, well many of us pick up and carry our childrens teenage friends and parents in the car.

Any suggestions? By they way I like your set up but do your bolts protrude in the holster to damage the gun?