• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Upgraded the new ride, open carry style

Bubba Ron

imported post

rimfire wrote:
By they way I like your set up but do your bolts protrude in the holster to damage the gun?
That is why he used an IWB holster - thebar from under the seat bolt is attached to the holsters belt loop holder, so the screws are not inside the actual holster. He also used Velcro to secure the left side of the holster to the car foradditional support. It's actually very secure.

The "strangers in the front seat" is totally up to the gun owner -in that case I wouldhave my gun in my holster, not the car holster.

JacquisPoni

imported post

I must say, I really like that set up..I wonder if I could do something like that without ruining the integrity of the Mustang?

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

kimbercarrier wrote:
I never thought about using a beamer as a holster. Nice job.
ROFLMAO ... sometimes it is all in the perspective. Still laughing.

JacquisPoni wrote:
I must say, I really like that set up..I wonder if I could do something like that without ruining the integrity of the Mustang?
Ford already did ... mod away! :p

ccunning

imported post

Reverend73 wrote:
Heres a couple :)
Beautiful car man. Good luck downrange.

Bubba Ron wrote:
ccunning wrote:
Nice. E36 M3?
M3 - we just had dinner with Rev73 and his gal, he goes back to Afghanistan on Wednesday for 5 or 6 more months....pease keep him in your thoughts and prayers (if you're so inclined).
Excuse the bimmer geekout moment. E36 was the name of the platform the M3 was built on from 92-99.

deepdiver wrote:
JacquisPoni wrote:
Ford already did ... mod away! :p
Say what you will about the Mustang; I don't have a horse in that race (haha) but it was the only Muscle car to survive the 80's and 90's. That's got to count for something right?

*Reminds himself he's on a GUN forum; not a CAR forum*

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Ok, Ive made it to the hellhole of Kuwait. At least there is not a sandstorm outside.

To answer everyone's questions.

-yes, 1998 M3>>E36 series

-I used about a 1ft piece of garage door angle steel (the kind with a buncha holes in it), I cut a 90deg notch out of the bottom near where it mounts to the left front passenger seat bolt, bent it to the required angle, then rewelded it. I did the same near the top so the holster would sit at the best angle. I used a Bladetech IWB holster (like BubbaRon mentioned) so while the machine screws do sit inside the holster, there are recesses molded in from the factory for the belt loop so no damage to the HK results. I used velcro on the side nearest the center console to make everything more secure and to also facilitate removal without leaving holes or any other marks on the car should I decide to remove it.

If youve got some steel, a welder, a couple machine screws, some velcro, a spare holster, and a couple hours, you could build your own quite easily.

JacquisPoni

imported post

Damn DeepDiver that was Harsh....you just haven't seen my Mustang LOL.....It's a 2007 Vista Blue Mustang GT/CS with some mods..LOL

Yes I know Gun Forum..not Car Forum....LOL

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have an f-body so I just had to throw out that little jab. It was a moral imperative even on a gun forum and even though GM killed my horse and sent it to the glue factory. It was said only in good humor. ;)

ThunderRanch

imported post

And I could still hook the Beemer and the Mustang to the back bumper of my truck and pull them both around town!! (Mostly due to the fact that I outweigh them both combined!!)

"Now back to your regularly scheduled gun talk!"

Nice job with the holster mod though!! Looks very professionally done.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Nice work; easy access if needed, but definitely in the open so there would be no trouble if you are pulled over. Plus the gun won't get scratched! ;)

nova

imported post

ccunning wrote:
Say what you will about the Mustang; I don't have a horse in that race (haha) but it was the only Muscle car to survive the 80's and 90's. That's got to count for something right?

*Reminds himself he's on a GUN forum; not a CAR forum*

Hey...the F-body (camaro/firebird) survived up into the early 2000s! :lol:

I'm a Mopar man myself (which is why I have a 'compact' Dodgepickup with a small block V8 under the hood), though my brother does have a Mustang which is very nice :cool:

Sorry for going OT, I'll head over to the car forum I frequent to get it out of my system :D

Tomahawk

imported post

Somebody once told me Mopar means "My Old Plymouth Ain't Runnin'"... but the new Challenger looks badass.

I wrapped a cheap nylon belt around the cupholder assembley in front of my bench seat and stuck a cheap nylon holster on the side of it, and that works.

Usually, though, if I am carrrying, it stays in my holster all the time and goes into a center-of-mass safe if I have to leave it in the truck.

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

If you are driving, belted in, with a pistol holstered on your right hip, it is nearly impossible to get it out with any speed--should you need it in a hurry. That is the primary reason I built my vehicle holster, its fast and its always in the same spot.

Tomahawk

imported post

Reverend73 wrote:
If you are driving, belted in, with a pistol holstered on your right hip, it is nearly impossible to get it out with any speed--should you need it in a hurry. That is the primary reason I built my vehicle holster, its fast and its always in the same spot.
Depends on how you are built, how your car is built, and how you carry. I also dislike unecessairily handling the weapon and moving it from holster to holster. To each his own. I do like your idea, though. I would do something similar to my truck, but it would involve drilling holes, and I know I'd screw it up.