Thread: Can not oc in city of Pueblo

Post imported post

I need some help on this. I was told that I can not OC in the city of Pueblo. Dose any one have or can show me the city ordinance on this. I know I can cc... help

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Pueblo, along with every other municipality in Colorado, except Denver, cannot enact a wholesale ban on open carry as per the Meyer decision(http://www.rmgo.org/alerts/2004-denverruling.htm). I looked for any restrictions in the Municipal Code at http://www.pueblo.us/cgi-bin/gt/tpl_...mp;nav1=1& but I didn't find anything there. OC is legal in Pueblo.

Post imported post

If I remember correctly (probably not), Pueblo banned OC in ALOT of public areas that are managed by the city. Thanks RMGO.org for the reference.

(b) It shall be unlawful and a Class 1 municipal offense for any person, within the City, to carry

a firearm, handgun or weapon concealed on or about his or her person.

(c) It shall be unlawful and a Class 1 municipal offense for any person to openly carry any

firearm, handgun or weapon in a building or specific area owned, possessed, managed or controlled

by the City at which the City has posted signs at the public entrances to the building or specific area

prohibiting the open carrying of firearms, handguns or weapons.

(d) It shall be unlawful and a Class 1 municipal offense for any person to carry any firearm,

handgun or weapon upon the private property of another where signs have been posted at the entrance

to the private property prohibiting the carrying of firearms, handguns or weapons.

(e) It shall not be a violation of any provision of this Section if, at the time of the act of carrying

the firearm, handgun or weapon, the defendant was:

(1) A person in his or her own dwelling or place of business or on property owned by him or

her or under his or her control; or

(2) A person in a private automobile or other private means of conveyance who carried the

firearm, handgun or weapon for hunting or lawful protection of his, her or another's person or

property while traveling; or

(3) A sheriff, undersheriff, deputy sheriff, police officer, coroner, marshal, any officer, guard

or supervisory employee of any institution within the Colorado Department of Corrections, a

district attorney, assistant district attorney or deputy district attorney, an authorized investigator of

a district attorney or the attorney general, a probation or parole officer, an officer or member of the

Colorado National Guard while acting under call of the Governor in cases of emergency or civil

disorder, an agent of the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, a wildlife conservation officer, a parks

and recreation officer or a security guard employed by this State.

(f) It shall not be a violation of Subsection (b) of this Section, which prohibits the carrying of a

concealed handgun, if the defendant, at the time of the act of carrying the concealed handgun, held a

valid written permit to carry a concealed handgun pursuant to Section 18-12-105, C.R.S. (Ord. No.

7020, ยง1, 7-28-03)

Post imported post

patriot2008 wrote:
    I was told that I can not OC in the city of Pueblo.
    By whom? Anyone other than a lawyer is probably just blowing smoke.

Post imported post

Only where prohibited by notification properly posted at the entrance to the restricted area. No sign prohibiting oc, then it is perfectly legal anywhere in CO except Denver County, Denver. It is legal because it is not illegal. A fine distinction. The signs saying no guns make it illegal. Failing the sign, it is not illegal.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Post imported post

Anubis wrote:
    patriot2008 wrote:
    ARE you ready for this...An officer at the PPD and the under sheriff who issued me my cwp...:quirky

Post imported post

patriot2008 wrote:
    Anubis wrote:
    patriot2008 wrote:
    ARE you ready for this...An officer at the PPD and the under sheriff who issued me my cwp...:quirky
    Cops are typically very poor sources for what is/ isn't legal.