• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can not oc in city of Pueblo

patriot2008

imported post

I need some help on this. I was told that I can not OC in the city of Pueblo. Dose any one have or can show me the city ordinance on this. I know I can cc... help

centsi

Campaign Veteran

Evil Ernie

imported post

If I remember correctly (probably not), Pueblo banned OC in ALOT of public areas that are managed by the city. Thanks RMGo_Org for the reference.

[align=left](b) It shall be unlawful and a Class 1 municipal offense for any person, within the City, to carry[/align]

[align=left]a firearm, handgun or weapon concealed on or about his or her person.[/align]

[align=left](c) It shall be unlawful and a Class 1 municipal offense for any person to openly carry any[/align]

[align=left]firearm, handgun or weapon in a building or specific area owned, possessed, managed or controlled[/align]

[align=left]by the City at which the City has posted signs at the public entrances to the building or specific area[/align]

[align=left]prohibiting the open carrying of firearms, handguns or weapons.[/align]

[align=left](d) It shall be unlawful and a Class 1 municipal offense for any person to carry any firearm,[/align]

[align=left]handgun or weapon upon the private property of another where signs have been posted at the entrance[/align]

[align=left]to the private property prohibiting the carrying of firearms, handguns or weapons.[/align]

[align=left](e) It shall not be a violation of any provision of this Section if, at the time of the act of carrying[/align]

[align=left]the firearm, handgun or weapon, the defendant was:[/align]

[align=left](1) A person in his or her own dwelling or place of business or on property owned by him or[/align]

[align=left]her or under his or her control; or[/align]

[align=left](2) A person in a private automobile or other private means of conveyance who carried the[/align]

[align=left]firearm, handgun or weapon for hunting or lawful protection of his, her or another's person or[/align]

[align=left]property while traveling; or[/align]

[align=left](3) A sheriff, undersheriff, deputy sheriff, police officer, coroner, marshal, any officer, guard[/align]

[align=left]or supervisory employee of any institution within the Colorado Department of Corrections, a[/align]

[align=left]district attorney, assistant district attorney or deputy district attorney, an authorized investigator of[/align]

[align=left]a district attorney or the attorney general, a probation or parole officer, an officer or member of the[/align]

[align=left]Colorado National Guard while acting under call of the Governor in cases of emergency or civil[/align]

[align=left]disorder, an agent of the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, a wildlife conservation officer, a parks[/align]

[align=left]and recreation officer or a security guard employed by this State.[/align]

[align=left](f) It shall not be a violation of Subsection (b) of this Section, which prohibits the carrying of a[/align]

[align=left]concealed handgun, if the defendant, at the time of the act of carrying the concealed handgun, held a[/align]

[align=left]valid written permit to carry a concealed handgun pursuant to Section 18-12-105, C.R.S. (Ord. No.[/align]

[align=left]7020, §1, 7-28-03)[/align]

Gunslinger

imported post

Only where prohibited by notification properly posted at the entrance to the restricted area. No sign prohibiting oc, then it is perfectly legal anywhere in CO except Denver County, Denver. It is legal because it is not illegal. A fine distinction. The signs saying no guns make it illegal. Failing the sign, it is not illegal.

RockyMtnScotsman

imported post

patriot2008 wrote:
Anubis wrote:
patriot2008 wrote:
I was told that I can not OC in the city of Pueblo.
By whom? Anyone other than a lawyer is probably just blowing smoke.
:dude:ARE you ready for this...An officer at the PPD and the under sheriff who issued me my cwp...:quirky
Cops are typically very poor sources for what is/ isn't legal.