Thread: OC at Asian Buffet in American Fork Fri Jun 20, 2008

Post imported post

My wife and I and our two kids were at Asian Buffet in Am Fork tonight, and I saw a man OC'ing. I went up to him and asked him if he was LEO. He said "no". I said "Oh. There is a website called opencarry.org". He said that he'd heard of it. I then asked him what kind of gun he had. He replied that it was a Beretta. I told him that I had just bought a sig, but I didn't have a conceal carry permit yet, and then told him I was glad he was OC'ing, and that was it.

(No, I wasn't OC'ing; only he was. I don't have a holster yet.)

Just curious if this was any of you. I haven't been to any O.C. meets, so I've never met any of you yet.

-Eddie

Post imported post

Eddified, I assume you got the 239? I just got it as well in .40

Post imported post

Hey Eddie.

That was me.

I'm finally getting around to checking out OpenCarry.org. I doubt I'll have much time to spend here, I'm mostly over on utahconcealedcarry.com, but thanks for coming over and saying something on Friday night.

Sorry if I seemed a little stand-offish. I'm still fairly new to open carrying myself, and you never know how people are going to react. When you asked if I was in law enforcement, I didn't know if saying "no" was going to lead to an OC discussion, or to you running and calling the cops. :P

Post imported post

Ha, yeah. I wondered if you'd feel that way, sorry. I wonder the best way to bring it up....

welcome to the forum

Post imported post

eddified wrote:
    Ha, yeah. I wondered if you'd feel that way, sorry. I wonder the best way to bring it up....

welcome to the forum
    Thanks.

Nothing to apologize for. I had a hard time coming up with a better way to approach the situation.

"Hey, I see you're open carrying. Cool!" Might work.

Of course if it WAS law enforcement, then you might get something like "Yeah, I'm a cop... I HAVE TO!" They usually have a badge on their belt next to their gun, though.