• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at Asian Buffet in American Fork Fri Jun 20, 2008

eddified

imported post

My wife and I and our two kids were at Asian Buffet in Am Fork tonight, and I saw a man OC'ing. I went up to him and asked him if he was LEO. He said "no". I said "Oh. There is a website called opencarry.org". He said that he'd heard of it. I then asked him what kind of gun he had. He replied that it was a Beretta. I told him that I had just bought a sig, but I didn't have a conceal carry permit yet, and then told him I was glad he was OC'ing, and that was it.

(No, I wasn't OC'ing; only he was. I don't have a holster yet.)

Just curious if this was any of you. I haven't been to any O.C. meets, so I've never met any of you yet.

-Eddie

mchlwise

imported post

Hey Eddie.

That was me.

I'm finally getting around to checking out OpenCarry.org. I doubt I'll have much time to spend here, I'm mostly over on utahconcealedcarry.com, but thanks for coming over and saying something on Friday night.

Sorry if I seemed a little stand-offish. I'm still fairly new to open carrying myself, and you never know how people are going to react. When you asked if I was in law enforcement, I didn't know if saying "no" was going to lead to an OC discussion, or to you running and calling the cops. :p

eddified

imported post

Ha, yeah. I wondered if you'd feel that way, sorry. I wonder the best way to bring it up....

welcome to the forum :)

mchlwise

imported post

eddified wrote:
Ha, yeah. I wondered if you'd feel that way, sorry. I wonder the best way to bring it up....

welcome to the forum :)
Thanks.

Nothing to apologize for. I had a hard time coming up with a better way to approach the situation.

"Hey, I see you're open carrying. Cool!" Might work.

Of course if it WAS law enforcement, then you might get something like "Yeah, I'm a cop... I HAVE TO!" They usually have a badge on their belt next to their gun, though.