• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unsafe 'target' shooting near campground

Bear 45/70

imported post

heresolong wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
heresolong wrote: The guy was shooting at an island in the middle of the lake. I doubt there were any targets set up. I would not call an island a target unless I was using artillery and shelling the place.
I wasn't referring to the fellow in the story. I read the story and I don't remember a reference to target shooting. I was referring to the claim by a member of this forum that no one shoots targets with an AK. The guy in the story is an idiot and, as stated earlier, should spend some time in jail. But we do, in fact, shoot targets with AK variants. It is fun.

PS where do we get artillery so that we can, in fact, call islands targets while we blow them up? That also sounds like fun.
I don't remember ever once, shooting an AK at a bullseye target ever in 40+ years of shooting AKs. At lots of things but never at a paper target.

Bear 45/70

imported post

kparker wrote:
PS where do we get artillery so that we can, in fact, call islands targets while we blow them up? That also sounds like fun.

Here ya go!
RoflLg.gif

Sean

imported post

I have to agree with Bear on this....with the exception of specific sniper armament.....most of the small arms given out to the military as battle weapons is "accurate enough" to do the job but not "tack driving" expensive. How much would it cost to equip our military completely with weapons that accurate.

Now about the Idiot shooting across the water....he needs to be put away for awhile, and I hope they call it a felony because he is to stupid to have a gun.

heresolong

imported post

Sean wrote:
I have to agree with Bear on this....with the exception of specific sniper armament.....most of the small arms given out to the military as battle weapons is "accurate enough" to do the job but not "tack driving" expensive. How much would it cost to equip our military completely with weapons that accurate.
No point. The guys who need accurate weapons have accurate weapons. The rest of them, they point the muzzle in the general direction o fthe enemy and squeeze off bursts. Not a lot of super accurate fire needed for CQB. That is why they went with the type of rifle they have. Light ammunition so that you can carry more of it.