• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Losing my OC virginity

luvmyglock

imported post

So guys, I recently moved to WA, and I have never before OC'd. Well, today is the day! I am going to walk about a mile from my house to Larry's gun shop in Lacey, where I need to get a new holster. The one I will be using on the way there is just my owb mike's nylon with a retention strap...POS. Anyways, hopefully I will be coming home with something else. After the gun shop it is off to the music 6000 parking lot sale. There should be a LOT of people there because they are offering free food and drink I believe. My 1 1/2 year old daughter will be tagging along for the ride! SO, everyone wish me luck....hopefully I won't need it. I will update you all on how it went when I get back!

A COUPLE HOURS LATER..............

Alright guys! Well that was interesting. I walked all the way up Sleater-Kinney Rd, through the business district, and arrived at Larry's gun shop...at which time I found out they were closed...argh! They didn't open for another 20 minutes, so I decided I would get something to eat. I went to the subway in the same plaza to get a sub for myself and the little girl. I walked in and was greeted by a gentleman, probably in his 20's. As I was looking over the menu, he asked "are you carrying TWO guns?!?!" I said "no, that is my spare magazine on that side" he said "oh, are you really comfortable carrying that around like that?" I said "yeah, I mean it's really not a big deal". So I lied a little, at that point I was NOT comfortable with it, and it WAS a big deal :). He said "and you can just do that any time you want?" so I gave him the whole speal about how it's everyone's right, and anybody that is over 21, legally able to possess a firearm, and smart about it can carry a firearm openly. He said "wow, that makes me want to go out and buy a gun just to carry it". At this point, the other worker came out, and was agreeing with all that I said about open carry they were both for it. The first gentleman told me that his mom, the owner of this particular Subway, was a reserve police officer and had said that she welcomed open carry in the store. :celebrate At this point I got my sandwich and ate. Five more people came in, and to my amazement, every last one of them striked up a conversation with me about open carry. Only one of the knew that it was legal, but all five of them welcomed my information and said that it was very neat and glad to know it's our right and protected by the constitution. So I dismissed myself, and went down to Larry's. I walked in, and was greeted by Jeff (from this forum). He pointed me towards a great holster, which I bought along with a box of ammo. The place has really turned around let me tell ya! They were very nice, and welcomed my open carry there. As I was selecting my holster, who should appear but the employee from Subway. He wanted to get the info for the open carry lunch tomorrow because he said he was gong to try to make it! I gave him the info, and the website for opencarry.org as well. I left, and walked to the music 6000. Once I got there about 30 minutes later, it was pretty busy at their store. I mean there were TON of people there. I was a bit nervous. An associate asked if he could help me and since I was ready to go I just said "yeah you can ring me up". He seemed a little nervous about the pistol, but didnt say anthing. It seemed like he wanted to, but he wasn't going to. I left and walked home with no incidents. All in all I think it was a great OC day. I got to educate a total of 5 people on the legality of open carry, and one of them wants to come to the OC lunch tomorrow! WOW, what a productive day
spacer.gif

luvmyglock

imported post

Alright guys! Well that was interesting. I walked all the way up Sleater-Kinney Rd, through the business district, and arrived at Larry's gun shop...at which time I found out they were closed...argh! They didn't open for another 20 minutes, so I decided I would get something to eat. I went to the subway in the same plaza to get a sub for myself and the little girl. I walked in and was greeted by a gentleman, probably in his 20's. As I was looking over the menu, he asked "are you carrying TWO guns?!?!" I said "no, that is my spare magazine on that side" he said "oh, are you really comfortable carrying that around like that?" I said "yeah, I mean it's really not a big deal". So I lied a little, at that point I was NOT comfortable with it, and it WAS a big deal :). He said "and you can just do that any time you want?" so I gave him the whole speal about how it's everyone's right, and anybody that is over 21, legally able to possess a firearm, and smart about it can carry a firearm openly. He said "wow, that makes me want to go out and buy a gun just to carry it". At this point, the other worker came out, and was agreeing with all that I said about open carry they were both for it. The first gentleman told me that his mom, the owner of this particular Subway, was a reserve police officer and had said that she welcomed open carry in the store. :celebrate At this point I got my sandwich and ate. Five more people came in, and to my amazement, every last one of them striked up a conversation with me about open carry. Only one of the knew that it was legal, but all five of them welcomed my information and said that it was very neat and glad to know it's our right and protected by the constitution. So I dismissed myself, and went down to Larry's. I walked in, and was greeted by Jeff (from this forum). He pointed me towards a great holster, which I bought along with a box of ammo. The place has really turned around let me tell ya! They were very nice, and welcomed my open carry there. As I was selecting my holster, who should appear but the employee from Subway. He wanted to get the info for the open carry lunch tomorrow because he said he was gong to try to make it! I gave him the info, and the website for opencarry.org as well. I left, and walked to the music 6000. Once I got there about 30 minutes later, it was pretty busy at their store. I mean there were TON of people there. I was a bit nervous. An associate asked if he could help me and since I was ready to go I just said "yeah you can ring me up". He seemed a little nervous about the pistol, but didnt say anthing. It seemed like he wanted to, but he wasn't going to. I left and walked home with no incidents. All in all I think it was a great OC day. I got to educate a total of 5 people on the legality of open carry, and one of them wants to come to the OC lunch tomorrow! WOW, what a productive day

Crackajack

imported post

Well, I never knew about the Larry's change around. I havent been there in about 100millenia since Inever really liked going there.

It's good to hear there's a new atmosphere in there, maybe I'll take my business there sometime.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Sweet! Good first day! I haven't been back to Larry's since the change, but I need to bad, holster, ammo, etc...

Congrats on finding another OC friendly eating establishment. I'm gonna have to stop in there now too!

MetalChris

imported post

Sounds like you had a kickass first experience.

Congrats!

Happy carrying,

--Chris