Thread: Evolution of Open Carry

Post imported post

I have been watching these boards for almost three years now, and I cannot tell you how excited I am to watch the progress being made by the members here.

Virginia has been at it awhile, but open carry exposure in other states had been nearly stagnant until OpenCarry.org members flourished. In the last three years, the amount of positive media exposure and other informative and educational events and dinners that have taken place has been huge.

I feel honored to watch such progress, and be a part of an honest grassroots movement that ensures our rights for years to come.

Kudos to all of you that participate in this activism, as you are a bold breed that I would call my friends any day.

Post imported post

Nuff said.

Post imported post

Good of you to say. I've become concerned lately about the real or apparent increase in general complacency and submission of the part of the people generally. Perhaps I overstate the matter and it's no more than bread and circus games (beer and television) that distract them. Whatever. Having a "Free Tibet" bumper sticker on your car passes for activism any more, and that's not good enough. I prefer what Milton called "hard liberty before the easy yoke of servile pomp."

Even if this recent press doesn't generate any converts, at least it might provoke someone to thought.

-ljp

Post imported post

This is awesome, I think that one of the owners said that our membership is around 7,000. I can't believe it myself.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Yeah, what he said
    I prefer what Milton called "hard liberty before the easy yoke of servile pomp."
    IOW, the Emperor-activist has no clothes.

Post imported post

Registered membership count is at the bottom of the forum home page.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

Some things cannot be rushed and getting the public and some police informed that OC is OK will simply take time.

Post imported post

And what does that have to do with anything? We understand this, but we still need to be making steps.

I agree, we can't force things, but if they go as they have been, and we're not pushing it, then all the better.

Post imported post

I'll admit that I didn't think the open carry movement was very large, up until the past several weeks when we've been seeing an exceptional number of articles published about us. And the number of new members showing up has been indicative, too.

Post imported post

3pages of new members were added just over this pastweekend.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

I have the fortune of being able to see in real life that there are a lot more unicorns out there than we know. Being able to converse with them, its amazing how many folks OC that aren't connected to VCDL or OCDO, but know its legal and exercise their rights.