Thread: Virginia Beach Police are "prompted" to destroy history.

Post imported post

These jack#sses duped some poor old lady into destroying history, not to mention something possibly valuable to a collector. Way to go, glad you are saving lives................

http://www.wavy.com/global/story.asp...mp;srvc=latest

Post imported post

Well, it's for the children....

Post imported post

People don't even get money for their guns, that crazy. To the residents of Virginia Beach: i will pay you $1.00 for any gun you may want to turn in...no questions asked, and you get much more than the PD is offering to give you in return.

Post imported post

I never understood why you would give something to the police to be destroyed when you can actually make a few bucks off it.

I can see if you worry about a gun getting into the wrong hands or even a felon. But you can sell it to a pawn shop who will be a gun dealer.

Sad to hear old war guns being destroyed. Items of historic value gone forever!!

Post imported post

I'm glad we finally agree on something!

Post imported post

Hey guys, I've been a lurking concealed carry guy for sometime and enjoy reading the posts. But I had to respond to this one.

I know a city employee that has been in the VaBch PD evidence locker. There are flintlocks, winchesters lever guns, sporting shotguns, etc etc that have been turned in over the years. The Chief will not sell them, donate them to youth shooting clubs, donate them to museums, nothing but destroy them.

If one gun that was in their possession was involved in a crime....

Post imported post

Welcome! And it's just like I figured with the VaBch PD.........

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

It just occurred to me to ask. What is the police department, any police department,doing gathering personal property for destruction?

Does this mean I can take to the police all mytrash and junk appliances that I don't want?

Better take that old set of carving knives, extra rope,candle-sticks, and pipe.Oops,I almost forgot, allpoisons. Lemme see. Mmmm. Better take my old pillows, too. Don't want those falling into the wrong hands and being used to suffocate somebody's old rich uncle.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    It just occurred to me to ask. What is the police department, any police department,doing gathering personal property for destruction?

Does this mean I can take to the police all mytrash and junk appliances that I don't want?

Better take that old set of carving knives, extra rope,candle-sticks, and pipe.Oops,I almost forgot, allpoisons. Lemme see. Mmmm. Better take my old pillows, too. Don't want those falling into the wrong hands and being used to suffocate somebody's old rich uncle.
    Great point. I'm going to take my old underwear in for proper disposal by The Authorities.

I never understood why you would give something to the police to be destroyed when you can actually make a few bucks off it.
    Well, people who are afraid of guns think it's wrong to put them back in circulation and make money off of what could be used in a crime. Plus, they think they are being Good Citizens by surrendering their property to the police.

In other words, their brains are broke.

Post imported post

I wish DC has a gun buyback sometime soon, I have a junked P22 I need to get rid of

Post imported post

JeffersonDavis wrote: This line is interesting: This is not a buy back program. "We don't want people to steal a weapon to bring in for a small gift certificate. We don't want to create a crime to eliminate a crime," he said. It seems like the VBPD is bashing all the other local PD's for their Gun Buy-Back programs....I inherited an old Jennings POS that I'm looking forward to sell to the police, guess I'll have to wait until Hampton, Newport News, or Norfolk has another one.

Post imported post

hsmith wrote:
    I wish DC has a gun buyback sometime soon, I have a junked P22 I need to get rid of
    What's wrong with it?

Post imported post

sectorsight wrote:
    hsmith wrote:
    What's wrong with it?
    It is one of the older versions with the slide safety issues. It needs the slide to possibly be replaced completely.

Post imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
    JeffersonDavis wrote: This line is interesting: This is not a buy back program. "We don't want people to steal a weapon to bring in for a small gift certificate. We don't want to create a crime to eliminate a crime," he said. It seems like the VBPD is bashing all the other local PD's for their Gun Buy-Back programs....I inherited an old Jennings POS that I'm looking forward to sell to the police, guess I'll have to wait until Hampton, Newport News, or Norfolk has another one.
    Bad side to that is it gives the antis numbers to say "see people don't want these guns" On another note VA Beach needs a new mayor. one with limited government in mind and wouldn't waste our tax dollars for this nonsense. John Moss for Mayor - Home Page

Post imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
    On another note VA Beach needs a new mayor. one with limited government in mind and wouldn't waste our tax dollars for this nonsense. John Moss for Mayor - Home Page
    I couldn't agree more....VB needs a new mayor!!!

Post imported post

Holy crap! I didn't realize that 27,375 kids are shot each year and that 5475 of that die? Where in the hell do they come up with these numbers. How do they keep a straight face when they say this?

Centurion

Post imported post

kimbercarrier wrote:
    Holy crap! I didn't realize that 27,375 kids are shot each year and that 5475 of that die? Where in the hell do they come up with these numbers. How do they keep a straight face when they say this?
    They are counting kids up to the tend age of 25 for starters.

Post imported post

VCDL President wrote:
    kimbercarrier wrote:
    They are counting kids up to the tend age of 25 for starters.
    Many of those are also gang related.