• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Conseal or get kicked out of Walmart

schwarzi88

imported post

As i entered the walmart in my town today (SLC, Utah) i was instant ly asked by 2 security guards to either conseal my fire arm or i would have to leave. the guard asked me if i was a LEO and the after i told him no he then told me to conseal it for the second time or i would have to leave. i asked him if i were to be a LEO then it would be ok to OC but since im not i have to conseal right?!?!?!? so after asking him if there are any sighns posted at the entrances he said "if we were to post signs for everything there would be an awful lot of signs" so since i did have a CWP i did end up tucking my shirt over my firearm ........ he also said that since this store is private property he can ask me to conseal since he wants ppl to have a "Safe" shopping expierience!

so my ? is : are they allowed to make me conseal or kick me out of the store?

Chkultr

imported post

Check out the Virginia site and you will find stories on wally world. Here in VA they have had similar experiences that have been settled asap with talking to the manager!

GeneticsDave

imported post

Talk to the manager. Official Wal-Mart policy is to abide by the laws of the state in which the store is located. Local managers are not allowed to override corporate policy. These guys were on ego trips and completely incorrect.

babystewie

imported post

what wal-mart and was it wal-mart security or was it a privet security company if so witch company i have a very good reputation with a few company's around here and if it was a privet security company and one i am in good with i can have a talk with them and get this corrected at lest with the guards but if i was you i would still talk with the manager

xmirage2kx

imported post

babystewie wrote:
what wal-mart and was it wal-mart security or was it a privet security company if so witch company i have a very good reputation with a few company's around here and if it was a privet security company and one i am in good with i can have a talk with them and get this corrected at lest with the guards but if i was you i would still talk with the manager

Spell Check is not a fit all :uhoh:

GeneticsDave

imported post

It would be good to know which location this happened at. We could have a talk with management. Did you happen to get the names of the security personel that you talked with?

schwarzi88

imported post

it was at the one on 13th S. and 3rd W. the guys were lossprevention from that store i didn't get the names the head guy was a middle 30s poly about 6' and the other guy was like 4'6" lol mexican guy in constant contact with management i guess. it happened about noon to 1 pm on 6/21/08 the store logs could show the ppl on duty. the manager that i called was the assistent mng. by the name of mark.

the thing that bugs me the most is the fact that they told me to "just pull your shirt over it " if i didn't have a CCP i would be breaking the law.

and secondly the ignorance of the ppl working there just f*****g bugs me! i will be on the phone with regional first thing in the morning and update everything that happens ..... IF something happens!

Decoligny

imported post

babystewie wrote:
whatwal-martandwasitwal-martsecurityorwasitaprivetsecuritycompanyifsowitch companyihaveaverygoodreputationwithafewcompany'saroundhereandifitwasa privetsecuritycompanyandoneiamingoodwithicanhaveatalkwiththemandgetthis correctedatlestwiththeguardsbutifiwasyouiwouldstilltalkwiththemanager
Fixed it for you, the only grammatical error you missed was leaving out the spaces.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Decoligny wrote:
babystewie wrote:
whatwal-martandwasitwal-martsecurityorwasitaprivetsecuritycompanyifsowitch companyihaveaverygoodreputationwithafewcompany'saroundhereandifitwasa privetsecuritycompanyandoneiamingoodwithicanhaveatalkwiththemandgetthis correctedatlestwiththeguardsbutifiwasyouiwouldstilltalkwiththemanager
Fixed it for you, the only grammatical error you missed was leaving out the spaces.

:D

I guess if we were kind, we'd direct him to raise hell with his school system for their failure to provide the information on grammar while collecting tax money to do so.

Basically, he was ripped off.

thx997303

imported post

hehe, double tap. I think there is a difference. I don't like the wal-mart loss prevention guys, they stereotype people a lot.

Outsider

imported post

When I read "Loss Prevention" I think they are trying to keep the company they work for from having things stolen and what not. When I read "Security Officer" I believe there is more power behind that (loss prevention AND keeping order).

In my personal opinion as a licensed private security guard I think Loss Prevention Personnel over step their duties and think they are security guards when in fact they are not. But that is just me. Some places it might be both but then I believe they need a license to do it (though I'm not sure).