• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC'd All Day

Spicytaie

imported post

OC'd all week. I rode the bus everyday to work (due to gas prices). I rode my bike by a motor officer from Metro. I waved, he waved and I rode right past him. The officers in Las Vegas are very well trained and know the law about open carry. I went to Albertsons, Smiths, Sams Club, CVS, Office Max, Target, Starbucks, Border's Book Store, Home Depot, National Pool Supplies, and Wells Fargo. I even OC'd to an attorneys office today for a consultation. If anyone saw my gun...no one said a thing. I hope more people start to open carry.

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

Spicytaie wrote:
OC'd all week. I rode the bus everyday to work (due to gas prices). I rode my bike by a motor officer from Metro. I waved, he waved and I rode right past him. The officers in Las Vegas are very well trained and know the law about open carry. I went to Albertsons, Smiths, Sams Club, CVS, Office Max, Target, Starbucks, Border's Book Store, Home Depot, National Pool Supplies, and Wells Fargo. I even OC'd to an attorneys office today for a consultation. If anyone saw my gun...no one said a thing. I hope more people start to open carry.
Now you know how I feel. Metro knows what they are doing and they know the law. Carry on and conduct business and you won't have a problem.

icode

imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
Spicytaie wrote:
Now you know how I feel. Metro knows what they are doing and they know the law. Carry on and conduct business and you won't have a problem.

HPD has "sweated" me when I ask them about it on the phone but... I've OC in Lowes, Wal-Mart, Walgreens, Sports Authority, several gas stations/convience stores and never had a comment or a problem. One sales lady in Walgreens kinda got the deer-in-the-headlights look when she saw my .40 but we continued our conversation normally.

ETA: It's starting to be ABnormal for me to NOT be packing. :celebrate