Thread: Which is more taxing?

Post imported post

I do have custom leather holsters made by K&D Holster. My question is this... Would the Carbon Fiber material of the Blackhawk Serpa's be more taxing on the finish of my P220 than leather?

Thanks,

Dave

State Researcher

Post imported post

Dukester wrote:
    I do have custom leather holsters made by K&D Holster. My question is this... Would the Carbon Fiber material of the Blackhawk Serpa's be more taxing on the finish of my P220 than leather?

Thanks,

Dave

Haha that's funny. Blackhawk doesn't make carbon fiber holsters, they just put stickers on them. All the Serpa holsters are injection molded plastics. I've never owned one, but I've heard that a lot of people have resorted to putting moleskin type material on the inside of their holsters to prevent wear and tear. My Safariland holster comes from the factory with a suede lining that has been very kind to my gun thus far.

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:
    Haha that's funny. Blackhawk doesn't make carbon fiber holsters, they just put stickers on them. All the Serpa holsters are injection molded plastics. I've never owned one, but I've heard that a lot of people have resorted to putting moleskin type material on the inside of their holsters to prevent wear and tear. My Safariland holster comes from the factory with a suede lining that has been very kind to my gun thus far.
    Do all the Safarilands come with the suede? I'm still waiting for my SLS paddle holster. Did I mention how much I hate waiting?

State Researcher

Post imported post

Dahwg wrote:
    DreQo wrote:
    Do all the Safarilands come with the suede? I'm still waiting for my SLS paddle holster. Did I mention how much I hate waiting?
    I don't want to say yes and be wrong, but I'm pretty dang sure all of their "safari-laminate" holsters are indeed suede lined. Let us know what you think when you get it!

Post imported post

Dahwg wrote:
    DreQo wrote:
    The inside of safariland holsters are sprayed with suade.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
    Dahwg wrote:
    DreQo wrote:
    They're sprayed??? How do you spray leather?

Post imported post

if you're worried about the finish of a gun wearing off, then it's not a gun you need to be carrying for personal defence.

Post imported post

Post imported post

Geez, if I had a Glock, I would be worried about the finish being worn by the holster.

It's not the equipment, forgive us all for wanting our equipment to look nice.

Darn Glocker's and their opinions.

State Researcher

Post imported post

FightingGlock19 wrote:
    if you're worried about the finish of a gun wearing off, then it's not a gun you need to be carrying for personal defence.
    Well that's kind of a stupid comment.

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:
    Bravo_Sierra wrote:
    Dahwg wrote:
    DreQo wrote:
    They're sprayed??? How do you spray leather?
    Sorry, I was refering to the kydex line of holsters.

Activist Member

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:
    FightingGlock19 wrote:
    Well that's kind of a stupid comment.
    That's why I use a rusty iron holster lined with sandpaper.