• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Which is more taxing?

G

imported post

I do have custom leather holsters made by K&D Holster. My question is this... Would the Carbon Fiber material of the Blackhawk Serpa's be more taxing on the finish of my P220 than leather?

Thanks,

Dave

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Dukester wrote:
I do have custom leather holsters made by K&D Holster. My question is this... Would the Carbon Fiber material of the Blackhawk Serpa's be more taxing on the finish of my P220 than leather?

Thanks,

Dave
Haha that's funny. Blackhawk doesn't make carbon fiber holsters, they just put stickers on them. All the Serpa holsters are injection molded plastics. I've never owned one, but I've heard that a lot of people have resorted to putting moleskin type material on the inside of their holsters to prevent wear and tear. My Safariland holster comes from the factory with a suede lining that has been very kind to my gun thus far.

Dahwg

imported post

DreQo wrote:
Haha that's funny. Blackhawk doesn't make carbon fiber holsters, they just put stickers on them. All the Serpa holsters are injection molded plastics. I've never owned one, but I've heard that a lot of people have resorted to putting moleskin type material on the inside of their holsters to prevent wear and tear. My Safariland holster comes from the factory with a suede lining that has been very kind to my gun thus far.
Do all the Safarilands come with the suede? I'm still waiting for my SLS paddle holster. Did I mention how much I hate waiting? :banghead:

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Dahwg wrote:
DreQo wrote:
Do all the Safarilands come with the suede? I'm still waiting for my SLS paddle holster. Did I mention how much I hate waiting? :banghead:
I don't want to say yes and be wrong, but I'm pretty dang sure all of their "safari-laminate" holsters are indeed suede lined. Let us know what you think when you get it!

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

Dahwg wrote:
DreQo wrote:
The inside of safariland holsters are sprayed with suade.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
Dahwg wrote:
DreQo wrote:
They're sprayed??? How do you spray leather?

thx997303

imported post

Geez, if I had a Glock, I would be worried about the finish being worn by the holster.

It's not the equipment, forgive us all for wanting our equipment to look nice.

Darn Glocker's and their opinions. :D

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

FightingGlock19 wrote:
if you're worried about the finish of a gun wearing off, then it's not a gun you need to be carrying for personal defence.
Well that's kind of a stupid comment.

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

DreQo wrote:
Bravo_Sierra wrote:
Dahwg wrote:
DreQo wrote:
They're sprayed??? How do you spray leather?
Sorry, I was refering to the kydex line of holsters.