• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Not Charleton Hestons Gun Vault

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Quoted from link below.
http://www.hoax-slayer.com/gun-collection.shtml

Summary:
Email claims that attached photographs show an extensive gun collection that belonged to the late actor, Charlton Heston (Full commentary below).

Genuine photographs - description is inaccurate

Example (Submitted, June 2008) Subject: The late Charleton Heston's Basement
Look what the late Charlton Hesston had in his basement.......

Wow, what a collection!
No wonder he was the leader of the US. National Rifle Association.

gun-collection1.jpg

gun-collection2.jpg

gun-collection3.jpg

gun-collection4.jpg

Even with lots of money you have to leave your toys behind.

Commentary:
According to this message, which circulates via email and has also been posted to a number of firearms related forums and blogs, the attached photographs show a massive gun collection stored in the basement of a house owned by the late actor Charlton Heston.

Although the photographs themselves are genuine, many commentators have pointed out that the gun collection actually belonged to the late Bruce Stern, rather than Charlton Heston. Mr Stern was a lifelong military and gun collector. An attorney and Vietnam veteran, he was involved in a number of military and firearms related organizations. He was a member of the National Rifle Association (NRA) Board of Directors. Mr Stern passed away in July, 2007.

The Stern gun collection became famous among firearms enthusiasts. A portion of the extensive collection was auctioned off in March 2008 by James D. Julia Auctioneers. The auction, which included firearms from other collections as well as Stern's, raised a record-breaking $12.7 million. Photographs of items from the Stern collection are available on the Julia Auctions website. Another part of the Stern collection is set to be auctioned in October, 2008.

Although the gun collection featured in the photographs did not belong to Charlton Heston, the late actor was a passionate gun rights supporter and served as president and spokesman of the NRA from 1998 until 2003. He died in April 2008.

Misidentification of ownership aside, these photographs certainly reveal a truly remarkable collection.

References:
The late great Charleton Heston's Basement
Bruce Stern's Collection - largest grossing firearms auction EVER held in the world
Julia Firearms Auction Takes Record $12.7 million
Second Half of Bruce Stern Military Collection
Charlton Heston
Last updated: 16th June 2008
First published: 16th June 2008

Write-up by Brett M. Christensen
moz-screenshot-3.jpg
moz-screenshot-4.jpg

unreconstructed1

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Wow. Lots of full-auto and is that a flamethrower on the wall?

Can anyone identify the aircraft type?

looks to be a cessna to me...

I thought that it was Rosie O'donnels collection myself

( well, nothonestly, but it sounded good) ....

Legba

imported post

Cheebzus - there's a guy who got some use out of his C&R.

-ljp

unreconstructed1

imported post

OK, joking aside, that basement is absolutely mindboggling. in that small room, guarded by a vault door is teh realization of teh founders greatest hopes, and the liberals greatest fear.

just out of curiosity, does anyone know where I can get Higher resolution versions of the basement pics? I would love to use at least one of them as a wallpaper....

edit... never mind teh request, I found one so far. if anyone is interested I'll post a link

Huck

imported post

unreconstructed1 wrote:
OK, joking aside, that basement is absolutely mindboggling. in that small room, guarded by a vault door is teh realization of teh founders greatest hopes, and the liberals greatest fear.

just out of curiosity, does anyone know where I can get Higher resolution versions of the basement pics? I would love to use at least one of them as a wallpaper....

edit... never mind teh request, I found one so far. if anyone is interested I'll post a link

I've seen the bottom pic on another site, which ismy wallpaper. :)

Sorry, mine fills my whole desktop. I dont know why this one dos'nt. :(

Attachments

• Toyroom.jpg
    Toyroom.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 2,880

imperialism2024

imported post

I've been thinking of putting in a basement vault. Already, my guns would probably overflow from one safe into two, and I would need at least one safe for my ammo. So, three safes, with no room for expansion. There's a small concrete room set in a corner of the basement, and I'm tempted to slap a vault door on it...

Anyhow, the collection in the pictures looks brilliant. One say...