• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PCCI

Outsider

imported post

When I first thought about buying my first firearm (which is now a Springfield XD .40S&W 4" Service model) I was thinking of how I could buy it. How am I going to pay for this? I don't make enough to buy it through paychecks. Then my cousin told me about donating plasma and how much you make from it. It was interesting and decided to try it out. To make a long story short I bought my Springfield XD through donating.

Well, I thought it would only be right to carry when I donate because donating with PCCI is what made it possible to buy my gun. But I had to wait for my Utah Concealed Firearm Permit to come in because when I donate my weapon becomes concealed from the jacket I put over myself. Then I got my CFP in last Tuesday and OCed for the first time on Wednesday to PCCI.

I got a few sideways glances from the other donors and even a few eyebrow raises of "how he able to do that?" I was sitting down ready to be poked and the guy, Greg, saw my gun because it was right there on my hip.

Greg: Is that a gun?

Me: Yes, it is.

Greg: You can do that?

Me: Yes, I can.

And then we went on to talk about guns and he continued to prep my arm and poke me with that not so little needle. The person next to me was a UVU Criminal Justice student as well and we talked about guns and getting into the FBI when we finish college. The employee that unplugged me from the machine asked a few questions as well.

I went back on Friday and Cindy poked me.

Cindy: Wow, is that a gun?

Me: Yes.

Cindy: You going to shoot me?

Me: No, unless I feel like life is in danger (something like that, I believe, and some could say that huge needle is a threat).

I got to educate her as well about the carrying of a gun. I believe they all seem very okay with and they have tons of cash on hand so I'm kinda surprised they don't have a security guard around to protect them. They pay out anywhere between $30 and $40 a persona and within the short amount of time I'm there they are ten to twenty people donating so that is $300-600 within two hours of people and they are open 7am to 7pm. So that would be probably around a $5000 or so on hand.

Yeah, probably why I carry because a robber might want to get that cash.

But yeah, another positive OCing experience times two.

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

thats cool...

good for you for donating, and interesting way to fund your wants.

good luck and stay safe...

Outsider

imported post

And if anyone is wondering what plasma does here are a few facts:

1. Plasma is being used to help people walk again that have been become handicap.

2. Scabs from cuts it is plasma that helps clot the wound.

3. Burn victims don't have enough plasma to seal up all their wounds and to scab them, thus scarring pretty bad. Donated plasma gives them more plasma so they heal faster.

Just three interesting facts on plasma donation. And its not blue like you see in Halo or other movies, it is green or yellow.