Thread: Public TV

Post imported post

I touched on this about a year ago, now it is the time to bring it up again. Who on this forum has the ability to, or knows someone who has the ability to produce a documentary on OC, to be aired on public TV?

Finding people to participate would be relatively easy. Getting the filming and editing might create a bit of difficulty, but this could be a great boost for us.

I think there are enough members that have the skills to put it together, and there are enough of us with video recorders to provide the raw footage.

I know there are some on here that have the ability to conduct a positive and objective series of interviews.

Who has the knowledge to get a grant from the state, or Fed gov. for a study on the effects of OC on crime.

What say you? GET 'ER DONE

State Researcher

Post imported post

I may know of some people who know of some people. I'll check.

Post imported post

Are you talking Public Television, as in Channel 9 KCTS, or Public Access Television?

Post imported post

Either or Both, but Public Access TV was in my mind.

Post imported post

A channel will get more attention than public access.

Post imported post

If you could finish the filming before school kicks in again(sept 20ish) i would be willing to help edit the video. I've done a bunch of video editing for my local church, and I have FCP.
    Let me know via PM

Post imported post

digital & analog editing experience here too. Also own adobe after effects, so
    i can add some simple special effects. I have access to the digital editing equipment
    , not the analog. I worked at a public access tv station in michigan for a while,
    so i can use camera equipment pretty well, don't have any myself though.

Also took a few film classes back in Michigan, and can do basic routine storyboarding,
    ect ect, because of the class. Willing to help, as long as someone else is in charge
    and makes all the decisions.

Post imported post

Depending on the recorded method I can convert to Real or Windows media and have the ability to host the video.

Someone might check with the Seattle Art Institute. They have video production students always looking for something to work on.