• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Public TV

Trigger Dr

imported post

I touched on this about a year ago, now it is the time to bring it up again. Who on this forum has the ability to, or knows someone who has the ability to produce a documentary on OC, to be aired on public TV?

Finding people to participate would be relatively easy. Getting the filming and editing might create a bit of difficulty, but this could be a great boost for us.

I think there are enough members that have the skills to put it together, and there are enough of us with video recorders to provide the raw footage.

I know there are some on here that have the ability to conduct a positive and objective series of interviews.

Who has the knowledge to get a grant from the state, or Fed gov. for a study on the effects of OC on crime.

What say you? GET 'ER DONE

bobmagoo

imported post

If you could finish the filming before school kicks in again(sept 20ish) i would be willing to help edit the video. I've done a bunch of video editing for my local church, and I have FCP.
Let me know via PM

SlacK

imported post

digital & analog editing experience here too. Also own adobe after effects, so
i can add some simple special effects. I have access to the digital editing equipment
, not the analog. I worked at a public access tv station in michigan for a while,
so i can use camera equipment pretty well, don't have any myself though.

Also took a few film classes back in Michigan, and can do basic routine storyboarding,
ect ect, because of the class. Willing to help, as long as someone else is in charge
and makes all the decisions.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Depending on the recorded method I can convert to Real or Windows media and have the ability to host the video.

Someone might check with the Seattle Art Institute. They have video production students always looking for something to work on.