• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is carrying prohibited on Beale St.?

aka_caleb

imported post

I know you can't go into any establishments on Beale St., the whole alcohol thing, but can you walk around on the street? I have some friends who play down there during the week, and they are on the street, not in an establishment, so I was curious about carrying?

aka_caleb

imported post

Thanks fallguy. I apparently am retarded because I tried searching for any posts about that and came up blank. Sorry for the repeat post. The only problem is it seems that nobody knows the exact answer... Where could I go in Memphis were I wouldn't get some ignorant LEO telling me its illegal just because he says so?

Fallguy

imported post

NP...searches don't always find what you are looking for, I just happened to remember the discussion.

That is a good question on who to ask.

Instead of a LEO, I would suggest the offices of the DA and/or City Attorney.

aka_caleb

imported post

I'm also guessing Shelby Farms doesn't allow carrying of a handgun. That sucks, some of those trails are pretty remote. They need to revise the carry laws...