• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Favorite shooting range?

thx997303

imported post

I go here

Link

Some nice long range shooting if you don't mind walking alot.

It's a little more secluded then the area that jaredbelch goes.

And the road is tame enough you can get a car there.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

jaredbelch wrote:
Sgt Jensen's .63 cent gas comments in 5...4...3...2... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Or you could buy a natural gas powered vehicle, and drive there for pennies!

(This reply only took an hour, Jared.) :p

alex1b

imported post

i like the other side of utah lake and provo gun club up provo canyon when i can catch it open. i've gone to the rec center in orem and doug's in taylorsville indoor. both ok

MAYBE WE SHOULD POST COORDINATES! sounds like some of the best areas are deserts and a link to google maps/earth or some coordinates might help us
thanks guys!!

thx997303

imported post

Well, we posted links to maps that contain the coordinates.

By the way, on the map I linked to, I shoot right under the power lines.

They buzz nicely.

Cykaos

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Off topic but are there many natural gas filling stations around? I spent about 6 months living and working in NE Brazil and there a good portion of the cars are modified to run on normal gas and natural gas. They add a big tank in the trunk and near the steering wheel is a switch to change between gas and natural gas. Most gas stations there also have a natural gas pump.

scorpioajr

imported post

Cykaos wrote:
Off topic but are there many natural gas filling stations around? I spent about 6 months living and working in NE Brazil and there a good portion of the cars are modified to run on normal gas and natural gas. They add a big tank in the trunk and near the steering wheel is a switch to change between gas and natural gas. Most gas stations there also have a natural gas pump.
Neighbor just converted he Honda to Natural Gas for roughly 7k. She said the price per gallon(?) is amazing, however she said the conversion kit will take about 7 years to pay itself off.

...prolly all be in concentration camps by then..

tarzan1888

imported post

I went shooting today, But I went to a place that is a secret. It is clean and nice and I want to keep it that way.

Tarzan

Ra

imported post

jaredbelch wrote:
l second the west desert!

How far out do you need to go?

I want to take my kids today, but the last time I shot in Utah was about 10 years ago.

We used to go fairly close to Salt Lake, just past the airport and right off I-80, there was a large ditch.

Here's a map, but it looks like there is a small building there now?

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=40.775992,-112.062778&spn=0.008368,0.013733&t=h&z=16&layer=c&cbll=40.775992,-112.062778

Anyone still shoot there?

If not, what is the closest area to Salt Lake now where you can shoot guns freelywithout being harassed?

Carpet475

imported post

I wish more people would do that. I usually take home two bags or more of crap that I didn't take out there.

I don't know how many of you from Utah county remember being able to shoot at the foot of mahogany near the mouth of AF canyon,as I recall all the trash left behind by shooters is what got that area closed long before there where houses or a golf course there.

japorms

imported post

Sorry to revive old thread. Can someone post coordinates to the west desert? I checked out the range west of Utah Lake today. I would like to give the west desert a try also. Thanks.

OfficerMatt

imported post

Ra wrote:
jaredbelch wrote:
l second the west desert!

How far out do you need to go?

I want to take my kids today, but the last time I shot in Utah was about 10 years ago.

We used to go fairly close to Salt Lake, just past the airport and right off I-80, there was a large ditch.

Here's a map, but it looks like there is a small building there now?

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=40.775992,-112.062778&spn=0.008368,0.013733&t=h&z=16&layer=c&cbll=40.775992,-112.062778

Anyone still shoot there?

If not, what is the closest area to Salt Lake now where you can shoot guns freelywithout being harassed?

I would really like some clarification as well, i would really like to go out to the west area (like you pointed out) that is somewhat close, but without worry of trespassing or shooting within city limits. I would like to do some silly stuff like shooting fruit with my shotgun and my own targets for my pistol (all safe of course) and ranges will not let me do thus.

So if i could get someone to tell me if this location that is marked would be okay that would be awesome!

Im all for cleaning up where im at too!

-OfficerMatt

Braveheart23C

imported post

I've recently had some friends recommend the Liberty range on the other side of Ogden Canyon near the Pineview reservoir. It's supposed to be open day and night and is unmanned, so you can do your own thing. Has anyone ever been there?