• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Favorite shooting range?

Cykaos

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Where is your favorite shooting range, how much does it cost, why do you like it more than other places?

I would also be interested in your least favorite shooting range and why.

ScottyT

imported post

-West Desert
-Free (+gas)
-Shoot by my rules - ceasefire when I want - moving drills that you can't do at regular ranges - pistols, shotguns, rifles, everything is welcome!

schwarzi88

imported post

Stansbury park ...... I-80 west till Tooele exit .... take exit twards tooele, at 2nd intersection/light turn left , follow paved road till it makes a left and You go staight onto gravel road first right turn and follow to open area ..... in case ppl are wondering its easey to get to and it only takes less then 2 min. to get to from the traficlight u turn left on! the best thing is that there is a Maveric gasstation 300 ft straight thru the light! and walmart is 10 min. staight thru the light into Tooele!

i used to live in Stansbury and that town seems to house ALL of SLCs finest and they are ALL cool with the shooting goin on there .... i have met sooooo many cool ppl out there even a gun smith/holster maker so don't be shy and check it out ..... own rules and bring targets always lots of fun!

41 Magnum

imported post

For those that shoot in the west desert(I do most of the time)an idea-

Always take an extra yard rated garbage bag with you, and pick up that much EXTRA junk that inconsiderate dolts leave out there!!

We shouldn't have to, but I don't really mind the extra 15 minutes it takesto keep it from looking like a garbage dump out there.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

I enjoy the West mountain of Payson. Plenty of different terrain to shoot on. I also like to pack out more trash than I bring in. If anyone is near Payson, and would like to know where it is, just type these numbers into Google maps. 40.036815,-111.818247

Cykaos

Opt-Out Members
imported post

For all of those who do the west desert. Where exactly do you go? I wouldn't have the first clue where to go. Do you just drive off the road somewhere until you find a good spot? Do you have a certain place you go? Some directions or GPS coords would be great

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Cykaos wrote:
For all of those who do the west desert. Where exactly do you go? I wouldn't have the first clue where to go. Do you just drive off the road somewhere until you find a good spot? Do you have a certain place you go? Some directions or GPS coords would be great
I usually go right here. All kinds of natural backstops, on the west side of the road.

Link

UTOC-45-44

imported post

jaredbelch wrote:
Cykaos wrote:
I usually go right here. All kinds of natural backstops, on the west side of the road.

Link

Been there a few times. Fun but HOT as H*ll

TJ

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
jaredbelch wrote:
Cykaos wrote:

Link

Been there a few times. Fun but HOT as H*ll

TJ
If it gets too bad, you can always hop a couple fences and take a dip in the murky waters of the Utah Lake!