Thread: NC Carry Question

Post imported post

First post!

Anyway, I live in GA. and have a valid GFL (Georgia Firearms License.)

Sometime later this year (maybe Novemberish) my family and I are planning a small vacation at the watershed cabins. From best I can tell they are in the smokey mountains built on private property that a couple of guys own. I do not believe they are in the smokey mountain parks at all (but I may be wrong... if anyone can clarify this, that would be great.)

Anyway, my question is, am I OK to conceal carry here with a valid GA. Firearms license? I'm not real familiar with NC gun laws, so any advice or help would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Anyway, my question is, am I OK to conceal carry here with a valid GA. Firearms license? I'm not real familiar with NC gun laws, so any advice or help would be great.
    First, IANAL, Second, Welcome to OCDO, Crumbles! I hope you're a member of GCO, too. If not, become one. Georgia Packing is another good site.

NC & GA appear to have reciprocity. Check out these links - NC Reciprocity& the NC DOJ& the GA Dept of Public Safety. Also - Handgun Law.

More info than you may want. I gotta go get some coffee after that!

Post imported post

Yes, I'm part of the GCO. One of the first members

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

GCO did very well with the General Assembly this session. My hat's off to them. I wish that Gov. Kaine, here in Virginia, had signed our Restaurant bill, like Gov. Perdue did for you all. I'm planning to move to St. Marys in a couple of years, so that's why I have an interest with GCO & GA, in general.