• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yet another one who doesn't get it....

Liko81

Founder's Club Member
imported post

:quirkyYou know, if these columnists ever find talking heads more credible than the local branch of the VPC, we could be in some trouble. Fortunately the VPC has long since discredited itself to those in the know.

Natmilcat

imported post

What the hell is this shit????

"How do you expect an officer to deal with that - other than to point a gun at them and go through the process [of elimination]? There's no other way to make that determination safely without putting officers at risk."

I dont know about you guys, but I can think of plenty of other ways to deal with "that" situation.

Rey

imported post

This is a comment I found in the comments section. Holy crap... Kudos to the author.

I choose to possess my legally unconcealed firearm and enjoy my U.S. Second Amendment rights to keep and bear arms. Walsh chooses not to do so, and instead to enjoy her U.S. First Amendment rights to free speech. The differences between us don't end there, however.

I enjoy my rights freely and because I choose to do so, but she enjoys hers for cash payments and professional enhancement.

I encourage her to enjoy hers with integrity, but she opposes mine despite my integrity.

My enjoyment of rights helps guarantee that she can continue enjoying hers, but her enjoyment advocates the abolition of mine.

I agree that others who abuse their rights to arms must lose them, but she has never agreed that others who abuse their rights to speech must lose them.

I like knowing that there are groups which defend her rights to speech, but she castigates groups which defend my rights to arms.

I agree that others who enjoy their rights to speech aren't tainted by those who abuse them, but she blames others who enjoy their rights to arms for the abuse of a relative few.

I like that all her rights are guaranteed by the U.S. Bill of Rights, but she would like to pick and choose mine.

I accept that there are others who oppose my rights to arms, but she seems unable to abide others who oppose her rights to speech.

And finally, I understand the gravity of my rights to arms and act accordingly to avoid even the slightest mistake, but she seems nonplussed when she gets her facts dead wrong.

Now, who's the bigger threat to our nation?

UTOC-45-44

imported post

BUBB4H wrote:
This is a comment I found in the comments section. Holy crap... Kudos to the author.

I choose to possess my legally unconcealed firearm and enjoy my U.S. Second Amendment rights to keep and bear arms. Walsh chooses not to do so, and instead to enjoy her U.S. First Amendment rights to free speech. The differences between us don't end there, however.

I enjoy my rights freely and because I choose to do so, but she enjoys hers for cash payments and professional enhancement.

I encourage her to enjoy hers with integrity, but she opposes mine despite my integrity.

My enjoyment of rights helps guarantee that she can continue enjoying hers, but her enjoyment advocates the abolition of mine.

I agree that others who abuse their rights to arms must lose them, but she has never agreed that others who abuse their rights to speech must lose them.

I like knowing that there are groups which defend her rights to speech, but she castigates groups which defend my rights to arms.

I agree that others who enjoy their rights to speech aren't tainted by those who abuse them, but she blames others who enjoy their rights to arms for the abuse of a relative few.

I like that all her rights are guaranteed by the U.S. Bill of Rights, but she would like to pick and choose mine.

I accept that there are others who oppose my rights to arms, but she seems unable to abide others who oppose her rights to speech.

And finally, I understand the gravity of my rights to arms and act accordingly to avoid even the slightest mistake, but she seems nonplussed when she gets her facts dead wrong.

That is a comment that gets BIG KUDOS

TJ

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
BUBB4H wrote:

That is a comment that gets BIG KUDOS

TJ
Very, very nicely stated. Nice response.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

BUBB4H wrote:

That's pure poetry!

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

BUBB4H wrote:

Thanks for finding that post! Excellent use of contrasting positions to make the point unequivocally.