• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Officer Shot in Lehi

41 Magnum

imported post

That sucks. The officer they hadshot and killedback in '01 was a friend of mine. Same thing-simple traffic stop. I really hope this officer recovers fully.

Sidenote-

OCin Lehi best be handled with kid gloves for the next little while.

PT111

imported post

When I read something like this I really wonder how some can justify the attitude they have about LEO's being cautious when approcahing a car. Very likely this woman did not have a CCW but what if she had? I am sure he thought it was just another drunk driver and probably let his guard down. Bad mistake on his part.

I really hope he recovers.

thx997303

imported post

Hey, don't feel bad about OCing, OC in respect of this officer. It's not a disrespectful to excercise your rights, the rights acknowledged by the very constitution this officer and all officers are sworn to uphold.

scorpioajr

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Hey, don't feel bad about OCing, OC in respect of this officer. It's not a disrespectful to excercise your rights, the rights acknowledged by the very constitution this officer and all officers are sworn to uphold.

i hate that i have to be reminded of this. :cuss:--------->:celebrate

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Public Relationsturn-aboutof the decade!!

Cykaos

Opt-Out Members
imported post

It looks like he is out of surgery and in stable condition according to the KSL link.

The Fox link says they haven't released the name but the KSL link has his name. Capt. Harold Terry. I guess the KSL has been updated as more information is available.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Eh? please elaborate.

That's a great idea. You just took the whole "don't carry because it shows disrespect" lie, and turned it on its ear in a way that makes a great PR statement.

I can tell you're going to go far in the 2A world. Keep it up!

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

I grew up in Lehi, and went to school with two of Harold's children, Justin and Sabrina. I believe that Captain Terry even wrote me a few traffic violations when I was 16. :p Harold is a strong man, and should come out of this incident just fine.

UTLtHaroldTerrycomfortsexwifeNatali.jpg

Let us not forget... Officer Joseph Adams

JosephAdams080401.jpg

41 Magnum

imported post

Captain Terry is the guy that taught my "defensive driving" course that I had to take down in Lehi a couple years back.:banghead:

From what little interaction I've had with him he's a great guy. One of the boys in blue to be looked up to.

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well.... It could make us look better if we got him some flowers/plant and balloons or something and sent it to his office wishing him get better.

We could all pitch in $2-4 bucks or something and order something, send the money to someones paypal to order it, if enough of you are ok with it.