• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Officer Shot in Lehi

scorpioajr

imported post

usSiR wrote:
Well.... It could make us look better if we got him some flowers/plant and balloons or something and sent it to his office wishing him get better.

We could all pitch in $2-4 bucks or something and order something, send the money to someones paypal to order it, if enough of you are ok with it.

Thats not a bad idea.

thx997303

imported post

Something came to my attention today, Officer Terry has been in my home many times. When my mom and dad pulled their domestic BS back when I was about 10, he would respond to the calls quite frequently.

I really like this guy, He's part of the reason I want to be LEO.

He'll do fine.

yo101jimmy

imported post

scorpioajr wrote:
usSiR wrote:
Well.... It could make us look better if we got him some flowers/plant and balloons or something and sent it to his office wishing him get better.

We could all pitch in $2-4 bucks or something and order something, send the money to someones paypal to order it, if enough of you are ok with it.

Thats not a bad idea.
I am pretty close friends of the family maybe we could pitch in and maybe get some food or something else if needed I will be in touch with them tomorrow to show support and see if anything could help. Let me know if anyone wants to help.

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

yo101jimmy wrote:
scorpioajr wrote:
usSiR wrote:

Thats not a bad idea.
I am pretty close friends of the family maybe we could pitch in and maybe get some food or something else if needed I will be in touch with them tomorrow to show support and see if anything could help. Let me know if anyone wants to help.

Well if your going tomorrow and would like to pice something up on be half of us that would be great, you could say its from some of the members\utah members on here.

I'll paypal or send you some money to help pay for it. Just show is what ya got for him.

yo101jimmy

imported post

41 Magnum wrote:
Captain Terry is the guy that taught my "defensive driving" course that I had to take down in Lehi a couple years back.:banghead:

From what little interaction I've had with him he's a great guy. One of the boys in blue to be looked up to.
:what:Yes you have to look up to him! he still isnt much of a small guy!:what:

xRapidDavex

imported post

usSiR wrote:

Let's make this happen people, let's not be lethargic!! What is 2 or 4 dollars to show appreciation for great people?

Bflamante

Campaign Veteran
imported post

If we are starting a paypal donation account it would be great to open up this to the entire national forum. I think we can all afford $1-$5 for officers shot/killed/injured. Multiply that my a factor of the number of OC.org members and now we are getting somewhere. I will do it even if it doesnt get us kudos with the boys in blue. Let us know where to send the paypal.

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Bflamante wrote:
If we are starting a paypal donation account it would be great to open up this to the entire national forum. I think we can all afford $1-$5 for officers shot/killed/injured. Multiply that my a factor of the number of OC.org members and now we are getting somewhere. I will do it even if it doesnt get us kudos with the boys in blue. Let us know where to send the paypal.
Agreed, yo101jimmysaid he was going to do something we can wait for today and see, if not we can get something lined upto send to him and order it by the end of the week.

xRapidDavex

imported post

I'll donate, but a moderator or someone we REALLY trust should be in charge of the funds.

thx997303

imported post

I would vote SGT Jensen or TJ, I trust both of them.

No offense to yo101jimmy, but you are new and we don't really know who you are yet.

Join us at the next Opencarry meet. Then we will know you.

yo101jimmy

imported post

well becauase I hvae been un able to open carry due to some personal problems! I have supported you guys but due to my problems I been in the shadows. :) Trust me Jensen has been all over me ! :cuss:

:uhoh: update I havent had any luck getting in touch with the family they have been spending alot of time at the hospital I may take a trip down if I do not get in touch with them in the next few hours. :banghead:

Wish me luck

I also would feel better working with Jensen on this if he doesnt oppse to this idea. Just becasue I havent been in your guys dealings.

packingmama

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
Jimmy is my best friend, we grew up next door to each other.
I will vouch for Jimmy as well, I have known him as long as I have known SGT Jensen. I met him the night I met my hubby SGT Jensen, ten years plus. He is a good guy, you can trust him! :D