• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC disucssion on the Ruger Forum

danbus

imported post

It gets so boring after reading so many "OC is bad" topics.

It seems few CC only people are willing to support both methods, while the majority "feel" that it's only for those who "require" attention.

I fully support both methods 1000%.

Harper1227

imported post

WOW! I have so many things to say about both the article and the responses. But, I don't want to spend all day typing so I will hit the main points that drive me nuts.

First, i dont like this witches tone about women. "men and sometimes women" almost as though she can't believe that even women get into this crap or as she put it 'never outgrow it'. I don't understand women who would rather be raped, beaten, or killed because they think 'every life is sacred'. :banghead:That's something you grow out of when you realize that the world is not the candy canes and gumdrops your mom told you it was.

I really can't stand the whole attention rationale. I dont OC for attention, though sometimes I do enjoy the :what:- i'll admit that. But honestly, for the most part I OC cause it is very hard for me to CC. As a woman my body is very different than the boys. Primarily - I have hips and im not exactly tiny. so to CC I must wear a jacket or sweater over my clothing or the gun just bulges out, and if im going to print, i might as well OC. That's MY personal preference and Im sorry if it makes you uncomfortable, deal with it.

As far as anti-social, where else can you get a dozen men and women from different backgrounds, different jobs, different family styles, etc and throw them together for a monthly dinner and have them interact as friends. I don't think i have seen it happen anywhere else. I think we're very social, more so than the anti's. the only time they get together is when they're fighting our rights to do so. At least we are willing to talk intelligently and respectfully instead of spewing the same anti-gun mantras ad-nauseam. Guns kill!!! blah blah blah. To me, that's anti-social.

OK as I rant I realize I am losing focus and rabbling on. Don't want to make this any longer, but really, I just hate seeing this crap. What happened to exercising rights and being presumed innocent. I don't see why I should have to be accosted by police when I am doing nothing wrong, just because it makes you uncomfortable. You know what, your 13 yo daughter dressed like a hooker makes me uncomfortable, and your son, with the 'skinny jeans' yea, that makes me uncomfortable too. Just back off and let me live my life and protect my family. and when the bullets do start flying and your cowering in the corner waiting to get slaughtered, you can thank us later.