• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Everett Herald finally gets on right

bcp

imported post

From the editorial:

"...simply post signs everywhere saying: "No crime beyond this point" and what a wonderful society we'd all have."

Reminded me of the signs that used to be near the entrances to the Battle Ground, WA, high school:

"Illegal activity prohibited"

Bruce

retrodad

imported post

joeroket wrote:
I was kind shocked to read this in the Herald this morning.

http://tinyurl.com/5prf8s
sweetjesus.gif

phiche92

imported post

This was great! This guy has something a lot of people have lost in our politically correct society. Common sense and a firm grasp on reality.

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bcp wrote:
From the editorial:

"...simply post signs everywhere saying: "No crime beyond this point" and what a wonderful society we'd all have."

Reminded me of the signs that used to be near the entrances to the Battle Ground, WA, high school:

"Illegal activity prohibited"

Bruce

Get this sign I saw today in Smokey Point:

NO UNAUTHORIZED

VEHICLES

PROHIBITED

ON SCHOOL

PROPERTY

Trigger Dr

imported post

How about this one... At South Kitsp High School.

I was dropping my kids off and there was a TEACHER standing in the Bus driveway holding a sign that read

BUSSESS ONLY

amlevin

imported post

Right Wing Wacko wrote:
Get this sign I saw today in Smokey Point:

NO UNAUTHORIZED

VEHICLES

PROHIBITED

ON SCHOOL

PROPERTY
Brought to us by a School System that can't get it's students to pass the WASL. Wonder if it is the students being dumb or the Teachers being Morons.

#nine

imported post

The problem is right there:

"...Seattle's Mayor Greg Nickels signed an executive order asking all departments to come up with a plan to ban guns on all property owned by that city...."

Will police have to comply with that too?

He is to ban guns instead of dealing with crime, just like a Mayor of Toronto in Canada.

And, aren't criminal activities banned by law and punishable already?