• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry

JakeinTX

imported post

Hello,

I just joined. I currently have a ccl but would prefer open carry. I emailed my State Representative and State Senator. Who else should I be contacting?

Thanks
Jake

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

All and any gun owners you know who might get with the program, and have them contact their elected reps. If there are any local newspaper editorials or stories, write a letter with your opinion.

lonestarweapons

imported post

I always felt that open carry was a great deterrent to criminals. Many other states, even liberal states, allow open carry and of all places Texas should allow it. The only way to change this is to contact state reps, and one phone call probably wont do it. A massive campaign of calls, emails and letters would be required to get their attention. The internet is a great way to get people organized. Someone should look into creating a website for campaigning Texas lawmakers regarding gun legislation.

BTW: For now people can still buy and sell guns in Texas and you can do too at http://www.lonestarweapons.com

SANDCREEK

imported post

The Heller v DC decision held -as cited in the majority opinion -that the wearing of a firearm OPENLY for defense of one's personin case of a confrontation is a civil right. Long awaited "incorporation" under the 14th Amendment has arrived. Although the "issue" in Heller decision was "the home" , the Court affirmed in the majority opinion that the excercise of this right is NOT confined to the home. Concealed carry of a firearm was NOT held to be a right. Texas therefore has a problem - Texas law is denying the very right affirmed in Heller. It's time for an emergency session of the Texas legislature to remove the impediment to open carry - immediately.