Thread: Recent OC Experiences

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Just wanted to jot down some recent OC experiences here. Before I began to OC (or even knew it was legal) the posts of other OCers were a big confidence builder, so I thought I'd lay them out.

Friday: Went for a mile or so walk from my home in Castle Rock to the Douglas County Fairgrounds to take my son to the park. OCed the entire way pushing a stroller. I thought the irony was nice. Spent 30-40 minutes at the park with 10-15 other adults and twice as many children. Apparently no one even noticed. Walking back on a fairly major street got me some odd looks from other cars, but still no encounter.

Saturday: Did a bunch of errands throughout Castle Rock & Parker. One guy in Parker asked if I was a cop; no one else noticed.

Today: Did some shopping at Home Depot in CR with both my kids. A few looks from the cashier, but no problems. In the parking lot a guy stopped me because his 10 year-old noticed and wanted to know what I was carrying (Steyr M40 btw).

So, all in all, nothing exciting. Haven't tried toting my 44 Mag & Cowboy belt in front of the Police Station yet, but you never know!

Post imported post

Castle Rock is damned friendly towards guns, ain't they? I went into the same HD early in the morning. Big ole' 1911 on my hip, and no one said a thing.
    Just don't go into the Subway in Founders Village, they see iron and sandwich making skills go right out the window...

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Sure seems like this is a gun friendly town. I'd still like to see how the CRPD handles an OC situation though. I've got faith in DCSD and CSP, but I don't know about the Town Cops.

Post imported post

I've noticed the CRPD runs hot and cold. A few of the officers I've met were really cool and down to earth, and there were a few young turks that were, well, ********...young headhunters lookin to make a name, or were once bullies in school and just carried that attitude over.

Post imported post

Evil Ernie wrote:
    were once bullies in school and just carried that attitude over.
    Isn't that a job requirement for cops?
    no, no of course not... just seems like it a lot of the time