• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC or CC on UTA

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

If you have a concealed firearm permit, you are OK to carry. Without a permit, it is a crime.

76-10-1507
(2) (a) A person who carries a concealed dangerous weapon, firearm, or any highly inflammable or hazardous materials or devices into a terminal or aboard a bus is guilty of a third degree felony.

76-10-1504

(4) (a) A person who boards a bus with a concealed dangerous weapon or firearm upon his person or effects is guilty of a third degree felony.
(b) The prohibition of Subsection (4)(a) does not apply to:
(i) individuals listed in Subsections 76-10-523(1)(a), (b), (c), (d), and (e);
(ii) a person licensed to carry a concealed weapon; or
(iii) persons in possession of weapons or firearms with the consent of the owner of the bus or the owner's agent, or the lessee or bailee of the bus.

Cykaos

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Thank you for the info. I wouldn't call a CCW permit to be a licensed security personnel since I think they are two separate things but good to know the laws about carrying on a bus.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

UTA rule #26 is just a scare tactic, to keep the citizens unarmed. As a state entity, they cannot make any rules pertaining to firearms that the state has not already made for them.

Outsider

imported post

I'm noticing a lot of state entities are trying things like this where they don't have approval from the State Leg to do it.