• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I NEED a cheap fish and game club

AGust82

imported post

I would love to join a fish and game club, rifle club, or something like them but a $350 - $500 first year fee I just cant justify. I just couldn't spend that much money on gas and range fees in one year to make it worth it. I live in Plainville, i dont mind driving but i would rather it be close.

Alex

http://www.nationalgunforum.com/

sdrct

imported post

I shoot locally (Middletown, CT) at a very small and old club, capable of handling .22 lr only. $100 initiation, $80 per year. Old and kind of primitive, but members get a key and come and go as they like. The club also runs some teamsthat shoot against other clubs. For anything bigger than rimfire I go to a commercial range, but I can stop off on the way home from work for a couple hundred rounds, and still get home in time for dinner. Shooting .22 lr regularly has really helped improve my shooting overall. Let me know if you want info.

peterkuck

imported post

youprobably mean Bristol fish and game 1-203-879-9938.

I understand that their dues are about $140/year

peterkuck

imported post

It's not my club, butrecommended to me bya member of ycgg who lives out in bristol.

He seems to like it.

Invest in the phone call and go visit.

Cheers

Peter

modelo57

imported post

Hi There,

Try going to http://www.ct.gov and click on the DEP page. There are two ranges open to the public, one in Naugatuck and the other in Glastonbury. The one in Glastonbury is free and requires a reservation. The other one is 5 bucks. Too bad I work weekends. The Glastonbury site is only available on weekends.

FogRider

imported post

weapon3cb.jpg

That would work for game, but may not be the best thing for fish. I would recommend a spear for that.

sdrct

imported post

AGust82 wrote:
I'd like to get more information on this club, sdrct. I work very close to middletown, that would be perfect.
It's Middletown Rifle & Revolver, andI will dig out contact info and PM it to you.