• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another NON-Incident in Smokey Point

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

So there I am at the Arco station in Smokey Point. My XD45 is hanging on my right hip as I'm filling the tank.

Out on Smokey Point Blvd the Light is red, and there are two State Partrol Officers on Motorcycles and a middle aged lady in a car. I notice her staring at me, then all of a sudden she gets out of her car right in the middle of the street and walks up to the State Patrol Officer. She points at me.By then the light has turned green. The cops look my way, point back at her car and say something.... then drive off. So now there she is, standing in the middle of the road, twenty feet in front of her car with a steamed look on her face.It takes her quite some time to get back to her car, in fact, by the time she finally gets back in and drives off, I've finished filling my tank, got back into my truck and have headed towards her, as she was stopped near the exit from the lot.

I really wish I could hear what was said, but from what happend I have a good idea :)

just_a_car

imported post

XD45 with holster: $500
Filling gas tank: $55
Soda from the AM/PM: $1.85
Seeing a State Trooper put an anti-gunner in their place: PRICELESS

aktion

imported post

That's sublime. It seems so simple now that openly carrying a handgun should (and usually is) quite anticlimactic. No shrieking hordes of braying hoplophobes stampeding their mental enclosures. No, not hordes; in ones and twos, though. I've been OC'ing a few weeks now (stopped counting. why bother?) and not a single problem yet, really. Handed out a few pamphlets, and that's about it. Unfortunately, most of the local business owners I know own bars, as I was until recently a beer deliveryman. So while it's encouraging to find agreement there, they can't exactly make their establishment OC friendly.

Anyway, congrats on seeing such an encouraging display of RKBA recogntion by law enforcement in the face anti-gun cowardice.