• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun beats bomb in bank robbery

Godscreation

imported post

A CCW holder turned the tables on a bluffing bomb holder who was trying to rob a bank. The CCW holder unconcealed his weapon and forced the bomb bluffer to a chair and held him there till police arrived. This a great story for gun owners, however I wonder if this whole attempt at a robbery would have even took place if the CCW holder was OCing. Let's talk about this.

http://www.wxyz.com/mostpopular/story.aspx?content_id=deb8d417-008a-4e73-8386-1237c14d1376

Liko81

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Godscreation wrote:
A CCW holder turned the tables on a bluffing bomb holder who was trying to rob a bank. The CCW holder unconcealed his weapon and forced the bomb bluffer to a chair and held him there till police arrived. This a great story for gun owners, however I wonder if this whole attempt at a robbery would have even took place if the CCW holder was OCing. Let's talk about this.

http://www.wxyz.com/mostpopular/story.aspx?content_id=deb8d417-008a-4e73-8386-1237c14d1376
In this case, I do not think that the robber would have tried his bluff.If he didn't have anything but a good poker face (which he apparentlylost whenstaring down a handgun barrel), he would have tried the next bank down the street.

That's this case. Do I think it's possible that a BG's warning shots might be in the direction of an OCer or armed security? Yeah. I grant that there is no evidence of this, and I do not consider it a credible argument against OC, but I do not think OC has as much of a deterrant effectin general as someclaim. The BG would have to notice you are carrying (and considering even most OCers try to be discrete about it it's easy to fail to see a gun on the hip of a guy across the room), and if he did notice he may be high (or in withdrawal) and not care.